Monday, September 2, 2013

Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WOW (according to Marian - that now means Woman on Wheels!!!!! - I LOVE IT!!!)

Anyway - got up early, read a bit, packed a bit, slept a bit and finally got myself more or less organized. I am actually going home after being away for so long. While I was excited - it also means back to reality!!!

BUT - first things first - I MUST get a geocache while in Newfoundland or I will be terribly upset at myself. Armed with the coordinates on my phone, I quickly find the geocache - I have only past that spot MANY times over the last couple of days and it really was an easy one to find. That means I now have a cache in ALL TEN PROVINCES and one of the territories. Should have been TWO territories, but - well I wasn't thinking!!

The geocache!!!!


(I have to say that it is so much fun to have FAST internet - pictures load so easy!!!)

And the weather was beautiful when I got up. No wind, the sky was blue and no rain or fog!!!!!   I did walk around and get a few more house pictures before I left.

I had arranged for the hotel shuttle to take me to the airport at 10 AM even though my flight wasn't until the early afternoon. It is always a pain having to deal with the bike and St. John's airport was one of those crazy airports where they do NOT have an X-ray machine large enough for the bike boxes. For that reason, I do NOT tape my box shut. I use a strap to hold everything in while getting to the airport.

Sure enough - the security agent asks me to EMPTY the box except for the bike. Well - I have bags of clothes and other stuff that I shoved in there. So it all came out and then got X-rayed and packed back in the box. Actually didn't take that long - I guess I am getting to be a pro at this. Then I whipped out my packing tape (oh yes - I come prepared) and used THEIR scissors (Toronto does NOT have scissors that you can use and it is ugly to tape the box up). Then got the strap back on and got rid of my luggage!!!!

As I was about to enter the over-sized luggage area, I ran into Larry and Gee. They were also returning to TO yesterday, but on a different flight. They were beaming as they had just dropped off their luggage!!!!   Oh yes - nice to just have a few things in hand.

Got a steeped tea and sat in Tim's and read for a long time before the flight was called. The flight home was non-eventful. Read my book (and finished it on the plane - of course - I had another one with me - don't be silly!!!!)  

After collecting my luggage, DH was there to meet me and then I was home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    So GOOD to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I thought I would share with you a few things that happened over the summer...................


I come home to find my car in the garage..............

My car in the garage!!!!!!!!!!


Now why would that be???   When M had the use of my car all summer?????   Well (and I knew this because I was in on the discussions)


M now has her own car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes - we took the money saved for her residence and bought her this car. I know - I vowed I would never do that, but she NEVER wanted to move out (and who could blame her - she is very spoiled!!!)   So we bit the bullet and bought the car. Now that means that she is home for at least the next two years. ACK!!!!!! Public transit to her college is a nightmare!


Now I did NOT have any flats while on my trip, but I come home to find my townie bike has not ONE, but TWO flats!!!!!!!!!!


Townie with FLATS!!!!!!   (if that is the condition of my bike, I can't wait to see what the inside of my car looks like!!!!! - yes - M did use my car for part of the summer)
Sparky DESPERATELY needs to be brushed!!!!!
Sammy got a SEVERE hair cut. Rather than brushing her to get the knots out - M just cut them out. Poor dog and she is missed all her bottom front teeth but one!!!!!   I guess they gave her bones and they fell out while she was gnawing on them. She has very bad teeth!!!!!!
M spent a fortune on books for her first semester at school (OK - after looking at them - I would have done the same thing - but $500????????   OK - that also includes a sweatshirt and sweat pants.)  



But it warms my heart that she is going to know all about stitches, seams and fabrics!!!!!!!!  More important she is so excited. I am jealous - I love going to school and learning!!!!!!
I have traded in my tablet for my FULL SIZED laptop and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!


And the saddest part of coming home - well this is what I had for breakfast this morning.
A pathetic Weight Watchers bagel. (There are NO groceries in our house - couldn't even have cereal since all we have is Almond milk - thanks to my health conscious nut kid)

And why is that so sad?????  - Well this is what I ate two days ago in St. John's!!!!

Breakfast two days ago!!!!!!


 However I knew that reality was going to kick in and I did lose 10 pounds on the trip - but more important I think most of those 10 pounds was FAT and it is gone. The trick is to keep it off.

M and I had a great catch up session this morning. Of course Sammy had to be in the center of it all. She is just a silly dog - have a look.............................


Silly Sammy

This is what she really looks like. I had to put a toy on my head so she would look in my direction . Stupid dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (OK - so maybe she was laughing at me - saying who is the fool here????)


It was strange last night - when I got home - I did a bit of unpacking - my tent was still wet from the last time I had packed it up. So got most of the stuff out of the bag and box and now I have to finish dealing with it today and do laundry. But then I sat down - HMMMMMM - what do I do???   Where do I start????   How do I get back into a routine??????   Well since I could not sleep, I made a TO-DO list and I will slowly work my way through that list over the next couple of days, but I have LOADS to get done this week. Might as well just jump right back in. I've got meetings, samples to make, a pattern to design and get sewn up (Mary will help with that part), quilts to get quilted, customers to call, class requirements to prepare - YIKES!!!!!

I do feel great to be home, but I am already starting to think of where I will go next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


On that note - I better start dealing with the To-DO list.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, summer is over, so sad. But, sounds like you had a great time, saw lots of Canada, lost ten pounds and now you are HOME!! It's always good to be back home. That new car of M's looks pretty snazzy...bet she loves it. What kind is it? Sammy (such a cutie) just needs a set of doggie dentures...do they make such a thing?? I'm sure you'll settle into your usual hectic routine in no time....your studio has missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home.
    Told Dad & Karen about your tires and Karen figures the townie bike is pouting cause you left it alone all summer. Looking forward to reading what's next.

    ReplyDelete