Friday, September 6, 2013

Back to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes - it is now time to get back in the groove!!!!   Had to teach a class on Wednesday night!  (more on my upcoming classes another day) And I spent the day yesterday SEWING!!!!  Nope - I didn't forget how.

Ronda came over and we spent the day just sewing up a storm. And what did we work on????   She was working on her Dear Jane blocks..............
Ronda's Dear Jane blocks (she may even have more done before the weekend class???)


And what did I work on????
Got this table runner almost done. It is a sample for a class at the Hobby Horse. Just have to sew a couple of the sections together. I had a really good system going to get all those seams matched up and then BAM - I couldn't seem to get them matched up any more. So I took a break from it - got to finish that up today. 

Mary and I took on the job of Block of the Month for the Mississauga Guild this year. While I was supposed to finish designing the quilt BEFORE I left, there just wasn't enough time. So I have been madly trying to get it designed and get the pattern stuff ready to hand out at the guild last night.

My first thought was to make my version of the quilt (OK - so our block of the month is a bit different this year - we are going to make a quilt for ourselves, not trade in blocks like traditional block of the month programs). Originally I was going to make the background blue with yellow stars. THEN I thought - why am I doing that?????   I have to do something DIFFERENT. I dug out the TWO baskets of orange fabric that I have accumulated and done nothing with. Found the right shades of orange (approved by Ronda) and then got some blue - again we approved the shade of blue and this is what I have come up with as for fabric to use for my quilt. YES - It will knock your socks off when you look at it.

Fabric for Block of the Month - 


I hope to get started cutting and sewing later today. I MUST put a new blade in the rotary cutter - it has a nick in it and very annoying.

I MUST also get working on finishing projects for the upcoming quilt show - Halton Hills - first weekend in October. Save that date - will provide more details later.

BUT - I have to start my challenge for that show as well. Here are the three fabrics that we have to incorporate in the final piece. Thankfully before I left, I got my inspiration and all that is left is the execution which I am not always good at. But I have a plan!!!!!!!!!!


Challenge fabric


I LOVE my friends. Last night at guild meeting, Linda brought me a present that she made me.
A CUTE little bag with bicycles on it. I may stick that in my gym bag!!!!!!  It is very roomy inside. I LOVE it Linda - thanks

And inside the bag was a PILLOW CASE with bicycles on it. Now I could have used this on my trip as I had a pillow, but no pillow case!!!!   And I don't care that it doesn't match my room - it is going on my pillow on my bed!!!!!    Thanks Linda!!!!!!




Speaking of the gym - I was back at spin class this morning. I thought I might as well get back at it. I took it a bit slow and wasn't huffing and puffing, but still got a decent workout. I must get my heart rate monitor back from M so I can see how I am doing. But it is going to take a LOT of effort to get huffing and puffing. My cardio is so much better - it just means I have to work harder to get a good sweat up!!!!   DARN!!!!!

Then I had breakfast at the gym while I chatted with my gym friends - comparing notes on upcoming cycling events, their vacations and all that good stuff.  Karen was telling me about a week long fundraising trip that she did. A cycle trip. Apparently you had CHOICES for accommodations - you could hotel it, you could camp and set up your own tent OR you could choose to have someone set up your tent. They arrived to find their tent up, air mattress blown up, camp chairs up with towels!!!!!   OK - there were many days when I would have LOVED that service!!!!!   Too bad it wasn't an option, but I often wondered where the Sherpas were hidden!!!!  Ah well - just more character building - by having to set up our own tent!!!!


And this is a picture I took of Little Sammy the other day. While she is happy to see me, she does NOT want to be with me. And she hasn't for a long time. She loves Berke, M, DH and me - in that order. So if they are NOT home, she waits outside for them. I guess this was her way of saying - I love you too - but let's not get too close!!!!!    She has NEVER sat outside the studio window!!!!   It was pretty cute.


Little Sammy - OUTSIDE the studio  - looking in!!!


I already did a BAD thing. I was checking out the library web site to see what new books are available. I even managed to get one downloaded to my tablet with NO EFFORT. Something I haven't been able to do on the iPad. Oh yes - I LOVE my Android tablet and MUCH LIGHTER than iPad. And I got notice that not one, but TWO books have arrived for me. Oh shoot - I knew I shouldn't have looked at the web site.


Well on that note - I have tons I want to do today and must get started.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Where are the presents that I gave you?!?!
    I'm sure you ate most of one of them....lol

    ReplyDelete