Sunday, September 29, 2013

Is it a sweater or a hat???



Caroline (M's best friend) came over last night. Now that they are both working - well I am sure they were having grandiose discussions about how they are going to spend their money!  I hope M does NOT forget that she has car expenses to pay for. I am sure she is dreaming of all the clothes she will buy!!!  No concept of how much things cost despite repeated discussions on it. Went to the grocery store yesterday and she wants organic this and organic that! Well I have decided to give her a grocery budget - let her figure it out. I am tired of fighting with her. It is one thing to eat healthy and another to go bankrupt over it and OVERDOING the healthy thing. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!   First you can't get them to eat healthy and then they swing to the opposite end of the scale!!!


Well the girls were having fun upstairs and I was enjoying myself in my studio. Next thing I know they bound downstairs................



M - by that smile - I know she wants something.
Caroline - another sweet innocent!
 AHA - they brought a sweater with them and apparently they have been on Pinterest or some other crafty site!!!!  Where are the scissors - how do I measure her head?????   Good grief - can they not do that by themselves??????


Well here is the sweater after it was cut out!!!!

Then M proceeded to sew the hat together with the serger despite the fact that the serger has black thread in it. Now funny how people today just do NOT care. She was ramming that THICK THICK wool sweater through the serger at a high rate of speed. Never mind that there are needles and a cutter to worry about. We are NOT talking thin cotton here. 

And sure enough - BANG - the needle breaks. And guess who gets to fix it. 

This reminds me of what I have noticed on the road since I got home. People just ASSUME they have the right to fly through stop signs - I mean - they do NOT even slow down. I have seen this so many times in the last couple of weeks. They do NOT think they see anyone so they just go. Speed limits do NOT exist for many drivers, and yellow lights - well that means GO  and as fast as you can and who cares if the light turns red BEFORE you hit the intersection. I mean really - what is the world coming to????  What if everyone said SCREW THE TRAFFIC LAWS?????   And then they complain about the high cost of insurance????   I have noticed that a lot of the cars that are doing this are NEWLY licensed, but other cars have been guilty as well. HEY people - think about kids, pedestrians, pets and cyclists. They have NO CHANCE against your idiotic driving habits. 

Anyway - I hope M takes better care of stuff than what I saw last night or I will have to BAN her from the studio. All it takes is a bit of RESPECT. If the tools get broken and she is using it - she WILL PAY for the repair. Simple as that. But I think we will have a little chat. But does no one care any more?????



Caroline - checking out the hat (after I changed the needle - I sewed the rest of the hat - it was NOT easy and I had to go very slow to prevent the wool from catching on the cutter which is what I think happened)
 

Almost turned inside out!!!!

Ah - isn't she so sweet!!!!!

The sweater AND the hat!!!!

The back of the sweater or what is left of the sweater!!!!!
Then they made arm warmers from the sleeves!!!!


Had a busy day yesterday and no time to blog about it today as I have NINE ladies coming for Pampered Sit n Sew. I have a feeling it is going to chaos!!!!   I will try to take pictures but no guarantee!!!!!





I saw this book yesterday and decided that I needed it. I had this book before and made one of the quilt in it - Blooming 9-Patch. I LOVE that quilt. And this book has some GORGEOUS patterns in it - but not for the faint of heart - they require HUGE amounts of sewing. Well I can't find my book and so I bought it again. I hope I do NOT find my original copy tucked in a box?????


On that note - I am out of here to finish getting ready for the sewing crew coming.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment