Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Books, books and more books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Computers (even when they work) are a BIG waste of time!!!!!   Oh my goodness - I spent a good part of yesterday on the computer. OK - I have to confess - the computer is working like a charm, but I was surfing!!!! Oh dear - actually what I was trying to do was get rid of some paper. You know - you save an article because you know there is more information on the internet, but you don't have time to check it out yet. Well - I did a lot of checking out yesterday. I haven't bought anything YET!!!!!   Added a few things to my Amazon wish list (which is another thing to keep updated!!! as I found a book at the library (after surfing the library database) that was on my wishlist) But I think I will UNWISH this book. While it is a topic I am interested in - I don't think it is worth buying for ME!!!!

Then Tish gave me this pack of adorable buttons and so I had to check out the web site of who made them.

Assembly of Text

Adorable bicycle buttons


And with a CUTE name - Assembly of Text - I had to check out what else they had. Great gift items!!!!!  


Checked out Vegan recipe books and MORE coming from the library - what would I do without the library?????   I would be a very poor person!!!!!   Thanks to Linda and Mary for the suggestions!


I need help!!!!!   I borrowed a scanner this week and was hoping to put all my quilting books into The Book Collector by Collectorz. (software that I bought and I use to keep a record of books that I have read). However while the books scan, I am NOT getting cover pages?????   And some books are not in their database?????   So I have a support e-mail into them to see if we can fix the problem. I only scanned four to see how easy it was. Does anyone have any other suggestions??????   I know there are on-line sites - Library Guru and Library thing (or something), but I have The Book Collector and would like to keep using that!!!!   So - all suggestions are welcome!!!!!   And I might even be able to use the scanner on my phone to scan the books, but I have a hand held one and it will be much easier with that. I am not sure that I want to see the final NUMBER of books and the $ amount!!!!!!   And the best pat - I will be able to access my quilt book database on my cell phone - no more duplicate book purchases!!!!!!  And I plan to sort the books into categories at the same time. It is going to be a HUGE job.


So - you see - most of the day (after my class) was frittered away on the computer. BUT I did get some paper cleaned up and so it wasn't a complete waste!!!!


Started a new group class today - actually TWO classes - well just two different sessions of the same class. And some of the ladies brought in show n tell.


This is a small baby quilt from Cathy

A receiving blanket with PULL fabric on one side - also by Cathy
This is also Cathy's - remember our Jamestown meets Stonehenge from last year - she has the top DONE!!!!!!   And I love that piano key border

Nelda was making these cute little bags - a happy accident. She is going to put two jars of jam/jelly in them as a favour for a small wedding reception. The bags were customized to the likes of the person receiving it. And she made the jam/jelly in NEWFOUNDLAND!!!!!!   



I have some people coming over this morning so I had better get my act together - I am NOT done what I was supposed to have done  - well not all of it. And that is disappointing because it is something that I REALLY WANT to do. Some how I can't make time to do it. I MUST MUST change this attitude!!!!

BUT while I was clearing off one of the tables, I found the FQ of red fabric that I have been searching for!!!!!   Oh yes - I know the benefits of keeping things tidy!!!!!

On that note - I am out of here!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. try goodreads.com
    you can log in with your facebook account, and it can access all author lists - published and planned to publish, as well as find and order books from your favourite bookstore, and maybe even check your library for availability. Some canadian libraries are hooked up to it.

    ReplyDelete