Thursday, September 19, 2013

A quilting tip!


Yesterday was a day for me - well part of it. There are four of us that meet once a month - Linda, Pat and Mary. We are the finishing group because the focus in the past has been to share what we have finished and that was an incentive to have something for show n tell.

We decided to shake it up a bit because a number of us want to work on arty stuff so we had a mission to get a small piece done. Of course - I did not and I did not get a picture of what the others had done either.

We were also to share something with the others and this is what Linda W brought and I think it is brilliant.



Do you know what it is?????   I believe she said the tip came from Fons and Porter TV show. But I have been using something similar for years - I use the cellophane from the dollar store. But I think this is better.

So - it is a piece of heavy gauge vinyl table cloth that has painter's tape on the edges (that is VERY important). You lay the vinyl over your quilt top and then using a Sharpie - you can try out different ideas for quilting. The cellophane works just as nicely, but you can wipe the Sharpie off the vinyl and reuse it!!!!!  

And why is the tape important????   Well - heaven forbid if you GO OVER the edge of the vinyl with the Sharpie!!!!!   Would NOT be good.


So - of course - I have a WHACK of vinyl and will be making a couple. If you want one - let me know - I just might have enough that I can provide you a piece of vinyl. Then I would get my vinyl used up and I wouldn't have to store it any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I have looked at my work spaces and they are a MESS. So much so that I haven't felt like doing any work the last couple of days (of course an allergy flare up didn't help, but it seems to be under control now). Last night instead of going to spin class, I decided to sort and now my sewing table is clear and when I want to work on something in particular (well mostly paperwork) - they are in separate piles and it will be easier to grab something!

And honestly - I would LOVE to have a secretary (oh dear - I have just dated myself) - an admin assistant who would manage my calendar. There are so many things I want to do and that requires some work/research to get the info and then book it in the calendar and manage it!!!!!!   And I am NOT that busy of a person!!!!!!    Busy with appointments that is!!!!

But I feel a work session coming on!!!!!!!!!!!!


Anyway - that is it for today. \



Have a great day!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment