Sunday, September 15, 2013

I LOVE to ride my bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


By the time you read this - I will be off on the Tour du Mississauga.

I cajoled Berke to come over and change the tires on the townie bike. After all - it was his silly girlfriend (M) who flatted both the front AND the back. Isn't that what boyfriends are for???   To fix stuff that they (the girl friends) break????   Especially if the items belong to the mother of the girl (who borrows things without asking?????)

And while Berke did that - I got my touring bike back together again (the one that I rode across Canada on) AND I got my road bike ready for the big tour tomorrow. Depending on the weather - I may take the touring bike so I can take my handlebar bag to put stuff (extra clothes) in. Although the weather doesn't look like it will be as cold in the morning as originally forecast!!!!!!!

BUT then I went on an errand run on the townie!!!!1   OH MY GOD - what a feeling. You FEEL like a kid on that bike. You are sitting upright - you can see everything!!!!!   It is HARD not to smile when you ride that bike. I JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE that bike. And with the basket and the rack - well you can just about carry anything home. Let's not forget the CUP HOLDER.

See what I mean - does that not make you want to hop on and go for a ride???????   And the lock on it (the back wheel) like they have in Europe. This bike is JUST SO COOL!!!!!!    Notice the cup holder on the handle bar?????


I went into Tim's (for a tea) on my way home. Perhaps the lady saw me ride up on the bike because she asked me if I was going to stay at the restaurant. Oh no - and I went outside, plopped my tea in the cup holder, hopped on and zipped home!!!!!!  

Look at that sad bag in the basket. I just grabbed the first thing I found  - a Roots bag, BUT LOOK AT THIS........................


Oh yes - I had seen this pattern before, but when I saw the kit at my FAVOURITE quilt store (The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw this summer) - well I had to have it!!!!!!   That was part of what got shipped home. So guess what I have to make????????????

Perhaps a project for next week so I can use it before the season is done. Of course - I should be able to ride for a couple more months.


One of my stops was to the drug store where I get my blood pressure checked. Good grief - I'm surprised I am still walking!!!!   It was 94 over 59. ACK - BUT that is the borderline for low normal - just before it could get bad. I am in the ATHLETE category!!!!   So no worries - but it just can't go lower!!!!


Oh yes - so I did go to Joseph's spin class on Saturday morning. This guy - he is so sweet and so friendly - it is hard to believe that he is a FIERCE instructor. I think four or five people left before 15 minutes were up. It was tough. You want to scream however the time seemed to whiz by. I did NOT however stay for the second class. One was enough for me!!!!!


Well more adventures on Sunday - both inside (the kitchen story) and outside - on the bike.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  



And thanks to Barbara - I think I am going to be spending some time in that web site you gave me. WOW - that is all I can say. Thank you so much.   (I will have to think if I want to put books into that database that I haven't read - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - a thought)

If anyone is interested (in mystery books) - check out this site.

Mystery book link


No comments:

Post a Comment