Friday, March 13, 2015

Monday Mania show n tell...................

Yes I know it is Friday and I still haven't had a chance to post the show n tell from this past Monday. There was a lot going on this week and that crazy computer goofed on that one day! It is Friday the 13th so for sure - I could not have 13 pictures. Wait - I got more than 13 for you!!!

I had an awesome spin class - the bike computer died half way through my work out which was good. No need to focus on numbers - just ride!!!  Then a good stretch, 10 minutes in the steam room so I am nice and pink and wrinkly, a hot shower (we have had luke-warm showers for the last couple of weeks - something wrong with the hot water tanks???), yummy breakfast with protein and now I am enjoying my cup of tea and writing the blog. Does the day get any better than that?????

Remember I talked about habits the other day? Well - as I was getting ready for the gym this morning, I realized I was on auto pilot. I wasn't thinking "oh I don't want to go". I was thinking that getting ready was just part of the day!!!!!   You know that is VERY exciting!!!   It means that going to the gym at a ridiculous hour is a habit. Now if I could find a way to improve my nutrition and make that a habit - I'd be really really happy!!!!

I hope this next thing I am about to tell you doesn't become a habit! I could NOT help myself this morning. As I was walking down the hall to exit the gym, this lady in front of me caught my eye. I took a picture of her!  I know - I'm a stalker!!!!   But have a look - look at her bag. The shoulder strap (makes my shoulders ache just looking at it) was so long and every time she took a step, that bag just banged into her. Really????   I wouldn't tolerate that - EVER!!!!  It just looked ridiculous!!!

First - she shouldn't be carrying her bag on her shoulder, but the strap is way too long. Banged into her legs every time she took a step!!!!

 I had to laugh as I was walking to may car. I normally part half way down the parking lot (by the light standard). Yes - I am a creature of habit. I park in the same spot (more or less). There were more cars than normal in that particular spot this morning (normally - everyone parks CLOSE to the front door).  When I left - my car was all alone!!!!

Lonely car!
It isn't that far from the front door, but I need to get those extra steps in. |Even on the coldest days in winter - I parked in the same area!!!


I seem to be spending a LOT of time at City Hall. It's all to do with being on the Cycling Advisory Committee. Had another meeting yesterday and it was a glorious day. I had to snap this photo of the skating rink right outside City Hall. There were only one or two people using the rink!


Skating rink at City Hall


OK - I got all of that out of my system - now I can show you what everyone worked on at Monday Mania! And I have to say that the more the group grows (and Thursday Therapy which has exploded as far as attendance), that these groups are so therapeutic to me and to the other participants. We talk about a lot of things and I have to say that I would be so lost without everyone!  They are friendly, they are helpful, they are welcoming. I just love them all!!!!!

Let's check out what some of them were working on.............

Have a close look at this picture. What is wrong?????
Do you see what I don't?????

I'll tell you at the end of the post if you haven't figured it out by then.


I am teaching a bag class tomorrow and a number of the girls are busy doing all their prep work. The prep work is intense. Joyce is madly getting her "rope" together.
Joyce's rope!

And it looks lovely all coiled up!

Joyce was working on a scrappy selvedge quilt

Her pile of selvedges

Two blocks done!!!!
 Some of the group is also working on a mystery quilt. I think they got clue seven this past week - there are five more to go.

Maria's mystery

Lynn's mystery
 Jan - ah Jan. I don't think I have ever seen her work on something that is quick and easy!!!   She loves a challenge for sure!!  This is a Judy Neimeyer pattern called Stepping Stones. If I remember correctly, the pattern said that the quilt could be done in TWO days. This is what Jan got done on Monday.

Jan's stepping stones

Ha - that is like Eleanor Burns and her Quilt in a Day!!!!   Lies - all lies!!!!  I want to know what time zone has the longest days - I will move there!!!


Judith was at the Textile Museum last week and bought this gorgeous little angle!!!  I love the gift shop at the Textile Museum.  Good thing I don't go often!!!


Judith's little angel pin

Judith is embellishing a floral print with embroidery.  It is hard to see in the picture, but she has outlined the pink flower with green thread to make it stand out more. 

I love to see what new stuff is out and Tish is probably the one who will try anything!  And I will start taking pictures when people wear a shirt that matches their project.


Tish is working on a woven bag - it is going to be gorgeous and see how those colors match. Those are two separate sections and the colors match up pretty nicelyt!!!!

But look at Tish's scrap bucket - WOVEN!!!!   Just like her bag!!!  Now that is just weird!


So - did you figure out the mystery in that picture???

Where is her foot pedal?


Two weeks in a row, Diane has forgotten her foot pedal. She has had to use the STOP/START button on her sewing machine. The funny thing was that even thought she didn't have a foot pedal, she had to sew with her shoe off!!!!!


I got tons done on Monday, but I haven't had a chance to finish processing it all yet but I am going to aim for completing it today and will post pictures tomorrow. You see, when I go to Monday - I rarely work on the same project all day. I think this past Monday - I worked on about 7 different things. But I would get one thing to a certain stage, then I wanted to do the next step at home. So I moved onto the next thing.

Funny because when I go to a sewing retreat - I work on the same thing all day!!!!

On that note - it is going to be an AWESOME AWESOME day. Why?  I just feel like it is!!!!!   I am not as stiff, my knee is sore, but could be much worse, my endorphins are pumping through my body, I've had my tea and despite the fact that there is a TON of work to do - I am pumped and ready to dive in!!!!!



Have an AWESOME day as well!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment