Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pumping iron - take two!

I love technology, but I hate when it doesn't work well.  I hit PUBLISH before I ran out of the house, but for some reason - there was a glitch and the post didn't publish!  Good grief - what a pain!!!!   So here is the rest of what was supposed to be in yesterday's post.

On Tuesday, I went to the gym. Normally I don't go to the gym on Tuesday, but it is becoming a HABIT. Pilates is on Tuesday morning and I am taking it for the strength training and the stretching. I need a LOT more flexibility and I had better get it or I am going to be in trouble. So that is FORCED training. Then I stayed for the class as part of the 90-Day Challenge. The class was a strength training class using dumb bells.

And let me say that my dear "friend" Alwin was in attendance and took my lighter weights away from me!!!   Those trainers are just big mean guys!!!!    Well we did squats - lots of squats, we did jumping jacks, we did lots of things that I don't normally do and so yesterday, I was gingerly getting around. I was sore! So between the gym and my fall - I was in great shape yesterday!

But I am feeling better today - not quite so stiff. I could really have used one of those grabbers things yesterday!

Let's have a look at the rest of the applique from Sunday.   AHA - I know what happened yesterday - I had THIRTEEN pictures!!!   No - I am NOT superstitious, but I do try to avoid having thirteen pictures in a day. Hmmm - I guess that was being superstitious is.


Nancy was working on a very unusual design! Can't wait to see that finished

Nancy's corner - very eclectic stuff there!!!

Lynn working on her Christmas quilt

Chris was doing maple leaves

Paula working on snowmen

Diane working on a Block of the Month


Let me say that several of those projects have been resurrected from the back of the closet, while a couple of others are fairly new. This is exciting because it is nice to see the old stuff coming out and hopefully getting completed. The idea is to get excited enough about the project on the applique day and then going home and continuing to work. I heard that from a couple of people.   I want to do the same thing and I have been doing a bit more applique so that is good.

I did get some stuff done, but nothing that I can show you at the moment.  I need to sit down in front of the sewing machine and get some of the applique stitched that is prepped.  I am contemplating taking some of it to the upcoming retreat. I mean - it doesn't take a lot of room to do - it is mindless sewing - you just can't go fast. Yes - I think I will tuck an applique project or two in the box.


I like to snoop when the groups are here. What are they working on, what tools are they using and patterns. Well - look at these..............


This little iron used to belong to Helen Anne's aunt (I think Helen Anne was going to give this away!!!)

This is the carrying case for the iron (the ORIGINAL). What do you suppose the blimp means???  Is the iron is so old that the main mode of transportation was the blimp????   I don't think so!!

Virginia has this neat little travel case

And this is her iron all folded away

This is what her iron looks like (this is my iron), but it is the same as Virginia's.  I didn't get a fancy little case with mine, but I could easily make one. 
 And I have to thank Heather for that iron!!!   I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Those irons are the SAME design, but made by different companies. Oh - they may have been made by the same company, they are sporting a different brand!!!

I also have several of these Rowenta irons which I also love for applique
 However there is a major design flaw with these irons. The handle is attached with a spring and if you are too assertive, the spring can break. Trust me - I have broken mine twice!!!!   I think I shall write a letter to Rowenta and tell them to make the other style - way more durable.  If you have one of those other travel irons and DO NOT want it - let me know. I could find a good home for it.


My big iron. - this is my favourite iron. It is big, it is heavy and it works like a charm, although I am going to buy a new iron for sew days as it seems people have a very hard time figuring out how to turn on the steam. A simple button - turn on the steam, turn off the steam!!!!   BUT a new iron will make it easy for the others to use and I will secret my big iron away!!!!!
Just taking a quick peek on the internet for travel irons. Have a look at this one. I wonder how big it is????   Looks pretty neat and NO issue with the handle.  Don't get me wrong - I love my Rowenta (I think I even have two of them), but you just have to be careful with that handle.

Oh here is a picture that show the size.

Hmmm - pretty small

And what about this one

I like this one!!!!
And in case you need something else to read - here is a review on some irons and travel irons.   Make sure you read the review on the Rowenta!!!!!

When I got home yesterday afternoon, the weather was so beautiful, it was hard to stay indoors so I didn't.  I took the girls for a walk to the library and then to Tim's to get their treat!!!!   They are so funny and love to be outdoors. Sparky is just crazy. She thinks it is hilarious to scare people. We will be passing someone and then out of the blue - WOOF!  She doesn't lunge, she doesn't do anything but one big WOOF!!!!  Scares the heck out of the person and me!!!   And it is random!  Oh Sparky!!!!   You silly old girl!!!

Once back from our walk, I just had to sit on the front step and read for a bit. It was gorgeous and so nice to be able to sit out and not freeze your butt off!!!!

Today is Thursday Therapy and I get to do more sewing!!!!   I haven't even finished processing everything from Monday, but I am sure there is enough stuff still in the basket for me to work on today!!  BUT - I must not forget to pick up Linda!!   I even had a note on my sewing machine. Last Thursday - I forgot to pick her up! DUH!!!!!!

Anyway - I had better finish getting ready.

Have an awesome day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment