Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sharing!


Another awesome day!!!   TWO classes yesterday on free motion quilting. I think all the participants went home very excited and hopefully a little more confident. I will be running more classes in the future so stay tuned for those dates. Nothing until the fall at the earliest!  All my time is pretty much booked up until September 1.


My computer is VERY slow this morning and I don't think I have time to post the pictures that I want. So I am going to leave you with some research to do.

I came across this web site the other day and there is a LOT of stuff on it.   It looks like it was created in collaboration with a number of quilt stores in the US.  Here is the reason that I like it! (Now I would be happier if there was such a thing in Canada).   These quotes were taken from the web page.
  • Search over 300,000 products from hundreds of local retail quilt stores from across the country. Support local quilt stores by searching for their products here.
  • Having a difficult time locating that hard-to-find product sold out a year or two ago? Search hundreds of retail quilt stores here to see if any of them might still have that fabric you need in stock!


But if ever you are looking for something older - you may find it here. I have had to search and have succeeded in finding stuff.

There is also a LOT of free patterns there as well.

And I am learning to use the bookmark feature on my browser. I know - I should have been using it before, and I was, but everything was a mess. So I made some folders and put stuff in them. My only worries - I don't want it to become cluttered otherwise - I won't use it. So I am thinking make LOTS and LOTS of folders - be very judicious about filing and when it doubt - throw it out!!!  In other words - don't bookmark it!!!!

I am going to try and shut down some of the windows that are open - they are open so I can share them with you. HMMMM - I could make a bookmark "To share" - then I could easily find those pages instead of keeping them open and slowing down my computer. AHA - that was a light bulb moment and you saw it happen!!!!

On that note - I am out of here. Got a class to teach this morning and then back home to work this afternoon and evening.


Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment