Sunday, March 8, 2015

the TIME change!


I am going to be all messed up for a day or two with the darn time change. Mostly because I was busy working yesterday, then decided to watch a STUPID movie - NOTE TO SELF: - don't get any more movies!!!!  I don't mind to watch movies and I enjoy going to the movies once a week, but watching movies at home - well it is restrictive!!!!   AND it was late when I got to bed as I had forgotten about the time change and so instead of losing ONE hour of sleep - I lost TWO. DRAT - that is going to mess me up!  Oh well - suck it up - can't do much about it at this point.


Yesterday was a good day. Every day is a good day - and if it isn't, then I make the best of it. What can I say!

Started off the day with the Quilting Inspirations class at Ruti's. Hey where were the rest of the Saturday people???  Anyway - we had an awesome class without them and there was show n tell which I will save until the Tuesday class then I will show it all at once. But we had NON quilting inspirations show n tell.


Barrie made a Chubby Charmer!!!!
 Who out there does NOT have a Chubby Charmer???  It is just a wonderful bag. I have four of them and crap - THREE of them are filled with projects and sit permanently in the studio. I do have another that is almost finished - I should make that a priority as I am tired of moving it around!!!!

Diane has really gotten into this doodling thing and had a couple of excellent books to show us including this one below. OK - so now I have to buy this book. When I saw the inside (which is just like the cover) - I was aching to get my markers out and colour. The designs are gorgeous, but GREAT inspirations for free motion designs.


Secret Garden book!!!!

But what was even funnier was Barrie couldn't appreciate that some of us need "guidance" for the doodling. She learned to doodle while listening to boring classes at university!!  I am getting there as I will doodle in meetings and I am loving it. There is no doubt that the more you do - the EASIER it becomes.

Like I said - I am VERY impressed at the response from the participants in this Quilting Inspirations class. They are keen, they are enthusiastic and they are learning TONS!!!!   I hear through the grapevine that Elaine (Oh - that is ME) will be hosting some free motion classes in the very near future. I have offered them to the Quilting Inspirations class first, but here are the dates if anyone is interested. It will be HANDS ON - learning all kinds of stuff related to free-motion. All levels are welcome.


Friday – March 20 (9:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
Friday – March 20 ( 1 PM – 4 PM)
Sunday – March 22 (9:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
Sunday – March 22 (1 PM – 4 PM)

Friday – April 17 (9:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
Friday – April 17 ( 1 PM – 4 PM)
Sunday – April 19 (9:30 AM – 12:30 PM)

Sunday – April 19 (1 PM – 4 PM)


So if you are in the area and want to sign up - let me know. The cost is $30 and the proceeds are going to support a fundraising bike ride that I am doing later this summer.  You will get the details when you sign up. 


The pet mat situation is getting out of hand AGAIN. It doesn't take long for that to build up!!!!!

Pet mat scraps!

One more pet mat made. 
 At least when I do watch a movie, I make use of my time. I finished hand stitching this binding down last night. Yeah - that leaves me with THREE quilts, ONE table runner and ONE mini-quilt that still need the binding stitched down.  Oh yes - I am making great headway. As I have said before, there is NO RUSH to get any of these quilts done. I just made them. Now this goes in the basket for quilts that need labels - there are two currently sitting there and one quilt that needs the sleeve hand stitched down. And you thought I wasn't organized!

Binding stitched down!!!!!

I am going to have to break down and buy that darn computer for the long arm so I can set it to run while I do other stuff!  I really don't think I want that though. Because you are always babysitting that. You have to advance the machine at the end of every row, change the bobbins, etc.  It doesn't take that long to do a row and everything would be done in snippets of time. Nope - I'd rather just veg out and do the quilting myself. It is EXCELLENT thinking time.


Customer quilt - DONE

Customer quilt - DONE

Close up of the quilt design
 It would appear that equilateral triangles are on my mind lately!!!!  Anyway - I adore this quilt. It is scrappy, it looks warm and cozy, it is fun and it is NOT easy or typical quilt.  This goes on my MUST MAKE list.

Customer quilt - DONE (this is my chunk of the month that I designed for the Mississauga Guild). Loads of wild colourways with this one. I love the job that everyone did!!!!


You know that we have been using election sign boards for the bottom of bags. I have a bunch to cut for a couple of people. Anyway, Lynn had another excellent use for the sign boards. She glued a piece of batting to the front and now she has a handy board to lay out her blocks. Cut out your block pieces at the cutting board, lay them on the BATTING side of this board (this is the wrong side below) and then you can lean it up against a wall to study the value in the blocks OR you can use it to transport your pieces.  LOVE IT.  I hear there is a provincial election coming up this year. I would like to tell ALL candidates that they had better remove all their signs within that 72 hour period after the polls close or there will be a LOT of missing signs this year.
Just sayin..................

The wrong side of a small design board - a piece of corrugated plastic covered with batting
 I'm not sure if I showed you my three blocks from Tonga Rhapsody. I don't think so.

Tonga Rhapsody
Tonga Rhapsody by Wing and a Prayer

My three blocks so far for Tonga Rhapsody. This is going to be a stunning quilt when it is done!!!!!

Today is applique club. It is a big group and I think almost everyone is coming so that means that I had to transform
THIS................


To


THIS


No projects were harmed in the transition, but do NOT ask me to find anything quickly!!!

On that note - I just ran out and did FIVE errands in 30 minutes. The group has started to arrive and I must go!!!

Have a good day!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment