Thursday, March 5, 2015

Monday Mania


I love Monday Mania. The group is pretty enthusiastic, pretty crazy and pretty entertaining!  There isn't one day goes by that we don't have loads of laughs, tons of show n tell, sharing of ideas and well it is so therapeutic.

I was prepared this past week and had my camera at the ready as the show n tell came out.

Joyce was working on a diamond quilt that she started at a retreat the previous weekend. Looks awesome and such a change from BIG borders!!!!   She even had a choice to choose BIGGER diamonds, but she went small!  Way to go Joyce!!!

Maria made this apron for her sewing machine. It matches her little duffle bag that she made a couple of weeks ago. 

I have one as well that I haven't used in a bit. I just dug it out and it is in my Monday box. It is handy to keep your stuff close by instead of getting dropped on the floor.   Here is the reason why I don't use mine at the moment.

My sewing machine is in a cabinet and the base is pretty low and out of the way to use the sewing machine apron. 
But my test machine (The Ruby Royale) is sitting on a table and look at all that mess
Now that looks awesome!!!!   This apron is just a smidgen too long - it bumps against the top of my legs and it has TWO rows of pockets. I bet it wouldn't take much to open up the binding and cut off the bottom pocket and rebind it.  They are VERY useful when you go to retreat or any other place where you don't have a lot of room.  YES - I will fix it and use it - got a retreat coming up and it would be great. 

And if you want to see a different style, there is one in this new book from Martingale which I saw yesterday at Sew Sisters.

Martingale - Make It, Take It (Print version + eBook bundle)
Make It, Take It - by Krista Hennebury - a Canadian author!!!!

Joyce W was working on this quilt which is called Bento Box.   Joyce will be teaching this class at The Hobby Horse. The date is Sunday, April 12  - 12:30 – 3:30. Call the Hobby Horse to sign up. This is a GORGEOUS quilt. 

Claudette was QUILTING. Claudette is ALWAYS quilting these days. She is constantly raving about her gloves so here are her gloves!!!!

Here is an action shot of Claudette quilting!!!! What great form!!!!

Anita was working on some cushion covers.  I love the movement in this top - the colours are awesome, the design is awesome. 

I saw this fabric yesterday at Sew Sisters. Wouldn't that be cool for the backing of Anita's cushion?


Another cushion top made by Anita - very funky - I love it!!!!!

Jan was busy working on her Bonnie Hunter mystery. While this is a great quilt, there is no denying that it is BUSY. 


Here is a link to IMAGES on Google of other versions of Grand Illusions. Some great ideas - I would like to give this quilt a whirl, but I would play a bit more with the colours/values or sashings as some others did. As much as I have liked doing these mysteries in the past (although NONE of the three that I have started are done) - there is way too much time involved (in Bonnie's) mysteries to make the quilt blindly.  I will always wait until the pattern is revealed - then decide if I want to make it and choose my colours carefully.  I have done my share of mysteries and don't need to go there any more. I have made oodles of mystery quilts!


I was working on these blocks made from selvedges. These blocks are for the guild. 


I have been wanting to make something from selvedges for a LONG LONG time. And I have been collecting.


This is my COLLECTION of selvedges!!!   Do you think there is enough to make something????

Judy made this Raptor pillowcase!

Tish is working on a new bag made from woven strips. Those colours are AWESOME!!!!

Mary was working on her mystery quilt. They are half way through the clues!!!!
 Some of the ladies at the sewing groups asked me to give them a mystery quilt so I did. There are twelve clues and they are currently half through the process. We will have a show n tell when they are done because  I think they are all keeping up to date with the clues.

Maria got a bag made



Wow wow wow!!!!!!!!    You see what I mean. Everyone is always working on different stuff and it is so exciting to see what projects will surface!!!!   I did get more work done than just those selvedge blocks and I'll share that with you tomorrow.

On that note - I have another insane day today so best get started.

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. lovely to see that show and tell, I have not belonged to a quilt group for 2 years now, and I do miss seeing the show and tell, that every time is so inspiring! I am going to make a plan for the sewing machine apron and see if I can get one put together soon... Thanks for passing along the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to see that show and tell, I have not belonged to a quilt group for 2 years now, and I do miss seeing the show and tell, that every time is so inspiring! I am going to make a plan for the sewing machine apron and see if I can get one put together soon... Thanks for passing along the creativity!

    ReplyDelete