Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My birthday girl!

Hard to believe that M turned 19 on the weekend. Yikes - where did the time go?

And after reading the post from last year about her birthday - well I guess as you get older, birthday's become non-issues!!!   And we all seem to be running around like idiots with different schedules so it is hard to get everyone together.

She even took care of ordering the cake. Notice I said "ordering" because I paid for it!!  I won't tell you how much that little cake cost - it is a gluten-free vegan cake!  Three layers high!  I have to say that it wasn't that bad but anything gluten free -well it just has a weird texture!  And NO she does not need gluten free.

Which makes me think of this whole vaccination thing.  I think one of the evening talk show hosts joked that people were afraid to eat gluten, but were OK to leave their children unvaccinated and therefore at risk of getting small pox!!!   Yes - it is weird where people get their ideas - I don't know enough about it to make a comment but seriously people need to educate themselves.

That reminds of when I was young.  I am pretty sure I was younger than ten, but I believed that EVERYTHING in print must be true!!!   Hey - if it was published then it was true? And then I learned the sad truth and it took a long time for me to get it through my head).  People need to do the same thing - just because someone wrote it down does not make it true!

Ooops - I got off track there - back to the birthday girl.


This is what she had put on her cake!  (Her birthday is March 1 - just missed being  a leap year baby by about 2 hours)

The cake!  

Lighting the candles - ooops - make that ONE candle

Oh so pretty!

Oh they are singing Happy Birthday to me

Make a wish!!!!

Blowing out the candle

Cutting the cake and YUM - it was good! (for gluten free!)


I did not get a picture of Yagana who was here to celebrate with the cake.  Yep - M did most of her birthday celebrating with friends and a bar and alcohol. Now that she is legally allowed to drink in a bar!

We all went out to Earl`s for dinner, but we were all so tired - OK - M was tired from her partying the night before that we had a quick bite and then back home!

And days late - I give my card to M.  Hey - I had purchased the card months ago and I was still late.  Well - that just seems to be me.

M's appropriate birthday card


And there is silly Sparky. What the heck is she doing???  We are giving her her food in the ball again and food just spills everywhere!!!!   She is so silly.

Sparky digging for food!!


And there you have it - the birthday celebration!  Happy Birthday M. Just remember when you were young - we had big wild birthday parties!


Don't forget to check out QUILTSocial this morning.   A quick tutorial on putting borders on a quilt and other exciting stuff.


On that note - I am off to embroidery club.

Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment