Friday, January 6, 2017

My reputation is at stake!


Oh dear - I've created a mess. Nothing new and no one to blame by myself!

Yesterday a couple of points were driven home from several sources.  I have a reputation and it's not necessary a good one!  I'm a procrastinator - we all knew that. I'm a last minute, fly by the seat of my pants girl - we all knew that. And I'm not good at remembering things - we all knew that.

But when it gets mentioned THREE times in one day - that's really not the impression I want people to have of me.

The question is - why am I like that?  Is it because I'm too busy?  I don't think so - I tend to have a LOT of time just for me. I read a LOT, I spend time with my girls (my very silly girls and I'm going to have to write a post on Lexi's blog to explain just how silly and entertaining those two are!),  Is it because I'm forgetful?  Nope - despite forgetting things from time to time, I'm not that forgetful. Like I remember that I promised TWO people stuff at the guild meeting last night and even though I asked them to e-mail just as a reminder - I have remembered BOTH things and dealing with them this morning!

Nope - I would just have to say that it is exciting to leave things to the last minute!  How crazy is that?  Seriously?   Rushing at the last minute to get something done? That's exciting?  I must have my head examined on that one.

I cannot make any promises, but I am going to try, to seriously try to get things done on time. How will I do this?    I think one very important thing is to get rid of that darn clutter in my office.  I see it, it is discouraging and I walk out, leaving e-mails unanswered, paperwork undone.  I had an inkling of an urge to purge the other morning, so that might be part of this weekend's focus.  I don't want to get too technical with this all, but if I set up a Task Master for my paperwork???   That might the only way to not forget things.  I love to make lists, but those lists are usually on paper and they get lost - in the clutter!!!  So lists don't help.  BUT if I have a weekly Task List (in a book!) like I have for quilting?  I think that might work.

So I'm off to catch up on some pattern writing that needs to be finished NOW.  Then I'll get to those two other errands and can I call it a day????

Have a super day!!!!   (stay warm)

Ciao!!!

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination is not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes when we have too much time we can't focus, often being more productive when time is limited. ��

    ReplyDelete