Friday, August 31, 2018

It’s a Small World Afterall....... Part Two

I get it that things need to be safe, but really - the waste in electrical stuff is unbelievable. Based on the broken light switches, I think that many of the broken ones have been broken or on their way to broken for quite some time. But all is good now and I hope we’re good for electrical stuff for quite a a while.

So I hopped on a plane yesterday morning. I have no idea why Air Canada keeps giving me a window seat when my profile says aisle. When I was checking in on my computer because the app had just crashed and needed a new password and because of my luck with technology, that wasn’t going to happen quickly. I noticed that there were empty seats at the back of the plane. I don’t mind sitting at the back so I chose a window seat with no one beside me. It was glorious.

As the flight attendants went up and down the aisle serving beverages, I thought to myself that I recognized one of them. It wasn’t until two hours into the flight and I heard her talking that I realized that it was our neighbour from our previous house (we moved 15 years ago). As I said something to her, she said something to me. So when she had a few minutes, she came back to chat. She’s been a flight attendant for 30 years. Her kids are all grown up, she remembered M’s name. Wow - anyway - it was super fun to chat. She was on her way back home on the return flight. I remember as a kid that we all thought that flight attendants (or stewardess as they were called then) would be a fun job but it’s a tough job! Hello to Chantal!!!!

And can anyone tell me why the overhead bins were filled when the plane was not? I really think that Air Canada (or any of the airlines) need to be cracking down on this.  OH - I did have a bag to check as I had it filled with quilts which all arrived safely. Did you know that the baggage drop off area is totally automated now??  Well, not quite - you need your boarding pass scanned and the baggage ticket scanned while you’re in the line to drop off your bags. Then you put it on this huge scanner thing and your name pops up on the screen and tells you that things are OK and away you can go to the departure gate. However, instead of having 4 or 5 attendants at the baggage drop stations, there were 4 or 5 running up and down the line scanning the tags. Not sure how that saves money or time????  But one more thing to “learn”.

The second thing was even weirder. I arrived at my parents and was sitting there chatting - OK - so I was writing a list of what needed to be done this time. The list just doesn’t end and I’m hoping to make that stop this trip. Wish me luck - I think I’m going to need a lot of luck. I get a message on my phone. WHOA? What’s this?  It was from Kathy who follows my blog and we’re friends on Facebook and perhaps Instagram. They were just here in North Battleford for the big event at the local museum  (Western Development) Those Were the Days. They used to live here, but have retired out west. Turns out that Dale (her husband) knows my Dad and my brother really really well and they used to work together on gas and steam engines. The funny thing? They haven’t seen each other for about 10 years and a chance comment about quilting, got them talking and sure enough - the Toronto quilter who cycles was the same one that they both knew about!!!!  How wild is that!!!!  Hi to Kathy and Dale!!!  It’s a small, small world!!!

Well- I’m going to move to Part Three just in case I don’t have room for my third and final topic for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment