Thursday, August 2, 2018

Help!

I can procrastinate like no tomorrow. Especially if the task to be done isn't one that I want to do.

I've been procrastinating on a couple of things and waiting until the absolute last minute to get them done. Why? Who knows. It's ridiculous because it puts enormous pressure on myself. Half the time, once I get started, the task wasn't such a big deal.

So yesterday was the time to get working on those now very urgent tasks.

The last of the blog posts got completed and I'm VOWING to start right now for the next series. Good grief - it won't take much. Already got the machine to work on so there is NO excuse.

I have a quilt to make and it wasn't until late in the day when I got my butt in gear to get that cut. I got half of it cut. Then I went searching for the fabrics to make the second half of the quilt. I had to dig deep into the bowels of the stash room to find what I was looking for.

I'm searching through the bags of stuff and then WHOA - what's this???  OH MY GOD - I found some samples of crazy quilting that had been missing for YEARS.

Three crazy quilt blocks (works in progress)

But this was the one that I was really looking for. OH MY GOD - do you see the year on there???? 2004!!!!   That hilarious. Anyway - I found the darn thing and all of these will go in the box with the crazy quilt stuff. Yeah - one more thing off the LOST list.

Crazy quilt block started in 2004

Don't you think we should all keep a "lost things" list? It would be great to see if we're actually winning the race of finding things. At this moment, I think I'm still missing two things - a cheque (I know - don't ask - I have 50 days to find it) and that second orange USB stick.

I sorted through the box of stuff that was deep in the corner. Hmm - I found what I needed but not enough. I popped in the car and off to Salvation Army where I was able to get more of what I needed. Of course, I'm not going to share with you what I was looking for. Then home and threw everything in the washer and now I'm going to have a task to do when I watch my online class later today. So that task is essentially under control.

That's two for two for the day!

Next up was the motor. My thought was to at least take the motor off the long arm and get ready to install the new one.

The first couple of pages was removing the covers. No problem, most of them were already off or half off.

So this is the instruction in the manual on how to disconnect the old motor. Looks easy right?


Disconnecting the old motor

However, this is what my motor looks like.  That is NOT an easy connector to just slip out. Needless to say, I have sent an urgent message to Iowa to see what the next step is. It's not looking good at this point.



Hmm - that's doesn't look like an easy connection to dismantle
Here's a picture of the motor. That's the new one. Motors are heavy in case you didn't know. 


The new motor

Well, that could throw a monkey wrench in my plans for the month of August. I had a schedule and now I'm two weeks behind. That's not good!!!!  I'll wait and see what happens today but I hope it doesn't mean it has to be sent back to Iowa?????  Gulp - I have a quilt that needs to be done and in the mail - well should be today, but that's not going to happen.

I desperately need to book some travel arrangements but not sure I'll have time today. I have one more urgent thing that I want to get finished today and that's going to be my focus. I WANT it done.

Isn't life fun when it throws you a curve ball? Well - let's just see what can be done.

I see that Miss Lexi finally calmed down and was able to post about all the excitement in the backyard. Seriously, she and Murphy are just two crazed dogs.

Here's the link to the QUILTsocial blog for today. I sure hope you're flipping over and reading them. The number of people who have commented about the great tips - well you had better check it out. There's a lot of great info and I put my heart and soul into those posts.

On that note, I'm out of here for the day. It's going to be crazy - an online class, an in-person class and that urgent item that needs to be tidied up and hopefully some good news on the motor installation.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment