Friday, March 22, 2019

Busy as a little bee


I had a great time at the Clarington Quilter's Guild last night. They meet in a beautiful church which has very comfy chairs to sit upon!! They do things a little differently than I've seen in other guilds. They have the goodies set out when you arrive and people sit at the tables (behind the chairs in the church). When it's time for the program (i.e. the speaker), they move closer to the front and sit in the chairs. That's a cool idea!  And obviously, that won't work for everyone depending on their meeting space.

Lucky that traffic wasn't too bad last night, but on my way home, it amazed me how much traffic there is in this city. I had to drive right across the top of the city and there's tons of traffic and this is 10 PM at night!!! I'm sure that even at 3 AM, there's loads of traffic. The other thing is that my drive was about 110 KM. Let's say that 80 of those KM was in the city!! If not more.

The topic last night was scrap quilts. The car was loaded with quilts. It appears that almost all of my scrap quilts are large! But so much fun to go through the stories of each quilt. Brings back so many memories of classes, retreats, exchanges and loads of good times as those quilts were made. 

I promised to take a picture of the quilts upstairs. Oh my - it's not pretty. I was searching for something earlier in the week and so the quilts that were normally laying over the railing were now piled on the floor.

Some of my quilts


Oh yes - it's a huge mess and this is only part (granted it's the larger part) of my quilts, but there are more and let's not forget all the small items. When there's a lull in the schedule, I'll be dealing with them.

I'm learning a lot about computer stuff. I know - the bane of my existence. I'm working with some video these days and learning. I hope to get some more videos up on my YouTube channel. This time it'll all be about the stash room. Those are coming, but unfortunately, my work assignments have taken priority over my own fun projects. Isn't that always the way? The fun stuff has to wait!!!

I was already packed for the upcoming retreat, but now I have to rejig things based on the samples that need to be made. But I think I'm going to take ONE fun project with me to work on. We all need a bit of fun in our lives. Not that it isn't fun making the samples. I'm a maker and I'm happy whenever I'm making anything!

I've become excellent at scheduling things - well fitting them into the schedule. I had a physio appointment yesterday which is in the same building as my GP. So I had booked a quick appointment with the doctor before physio. Hey - my doctor is the best. You rarely have to wait and if you do, it's a very short time. She collected a body sample (don't worry - it's just that routine cancer test that they want women to do every two years!) and I was going to scoot out, except they asked me to sample off at the lab which is on the same floor as the physio. The lab lady made me wait while they logged the sample into the system. The physio appointment was at 1 PM, the doctor appointment was at 12:30. Even with dropping the sample at the lab, I wasn't late for the physio appointment! Even though I'm not super thrilled with my doctor (thankfully I don't need her very often), I'm going to stick with her because I can get in whenever I want and no waiting!!!!

I have to share this video with you. It's hilarious! Now you have to keep in mind that Brandon intentionally makes fun of learning. His videos are based on "learning" from YouTube videos. But this is a super example of why learning a new skill via a YouTube video is a BAD thing. If you're like me, you want to shout out - push the bobbin thing towards the bobbin!!! 

I'm off to teach a class today and then one more class tomorrow and then I'm off the hook for running around for a couple of days. Phew as there's a lot of stuff to catch up on at home. The kitchen table looks like a dumping zone and the temporary studio - well, it's a mess. The good news? I did find that missing book. At first, I was thinking that it had gotten squirreled away when they packed up the basement. Nope - it was me who squirreled it away. All is good now.

I'm chatting with the fellow who did the estimate on the basement and the insurance company so I hope that we can get started on that process in the near future. I just can't imagine the process that's going to happen as EVERY SINGLE THING in that basement may need to be moved. So now when I go down, I'm starting to set aside stuff that has to go. So far - no quilt related things and probably won't be either. I'm going to clear out the storage room so that I can redistribute the rest of my quilt stuff and make it easier to access. Right now, some of it is hard to reach. Oh yes - it's going to be fun and games at my house! They will come in and pack and then do you think I'll ever be able to find stuff??  Not likely so I'm going to have to move it out of the way or pack it myself. ACK!!!!!  Thankfully, we can do room by room so that helps.

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment