Wednesday, March 13, 2019

What's missing from this picture?


There are days when I wonder if my head is on my shoulders. It's amazing how we can look at something, but we don't really see it.

I don't know why I didn't see this before, but the other day, I was looking at this block and then realized that part of the quilting was missing.

Can you see where I forgot to do the quilting?

I had a good chuckle about that. After I did "all" of the quilting on two blocks, the applique was put on top of the quilting. So I spent some time lining up the applique pieces. Then I pressed the block and trimmed the threads. All the while I was totally oblivious that some of the quilting was missing. How the heck could I miss that?

The block from the back

Funny, how those things are totally obvious once you're aware of them. Let's just say that it's fixed now - it was a bit fussy as I had to stop and start once I reached the applique. But you can't tell it's like that. Phew!

Let's just say that I'm getting my exercise. The project box had been returned to the basement so I had to go down to retrieve the thread that I used for the quilting. When I was finished, the thread had to be returned to its box.


The other day when I was prepping for a class, I had done part of an embroidery - (it's piecing in the hoop) and I had completed enough of the block to show the class, so I just shut off the Husqvarna Viking Designer EPIC. I thought that I should get back to doing some embroidery last night. I turned the EPIC on and WHOA!!!!   the machine opened up right to the file that I was working on - in the EXACT spot where the next line of stitching was to occur.

Embroidery opened up right where I left off

And what's missing from this picture???? 

What's missing?

There is NO USB in either of the USB ports on the machine. Yep - that function is called Smart Save. Technically, it's made for power outages, not just shutting the machine off. Here's the blurb from the internet.

  • SMART SAVE If you lose power or need to stop embroidering/sewing, all adjustments are automatically saved. • The DESIGNER EPIC™ machine will automatically save and remember all edits in your current work if interrupted. • Choose to manually save whenever you want.


Isn't that just the best???  And my flying geese that I was piecing in the hoop were still in the hoop so it was a simple matter to attach the hoop and finish piecing that block.

The partially pieced block was still in the hoop

I did get a bit of other work accomplished, but all of a sudden I feel totally overwhelmed. It happens from time to time. Part of that is upcoming deadlines and I feel like I'm in that "tiny" space and no room to work. When all I should be doing is clearing the work surfaces off and getting to work. I did get a bit of tidying up done yesterday.

There are e-mails to respond to, contracts to sign and samples (lots and lots) of samples to be made. Plus I dug some boxes of stuff out of the garage so I could go through them today and the kitchen table has been totally covered with stuff leftover from last week. Technically this is another "house clean-up day" and the date is NOT to be moved.

So - today is going to be all about taking ONE thing at a time and trying to get rid of more stuff. Most of this stuff today, I'm sure is going to end up in the garbage. I'm good with that - it just needs to be done. I started a new audiobook yesterday - a long one at 16 hours. It's going to be super interesting - Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. Not sure where I found this one - it's not my usual, but so far, it's pretty good and I can't wait to meet all of the nine perfect strangers.

Got my errands from yesterday all accomplished and back home by 1 PM. Yeah - I love when things come together.

On that note, I need to get going. It's going to be crazy busy and I need to FOCUS - one thing at a time.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment