Thursday, January 9, 2020

Get up and dance!


OK --- so I don't know how people can function in a day if they don't move. I've been trying to be really careful with what I eat. OK - so I've not been careful and it seems like it's all about the desserts here.

A sampling of desserts from last night


Yep - we went out last night and we got desserts to go (part of the daily special). I've been very bad and let others influence me in that area. I've cut down the amount I ate in the day and I've cut down the dinner, but it's the damn sugar that is killing me. I feel like I weight 50 pounds extra with all the bloating caused by the sugar. STOP eating the damn sugar.

I have leftovers in my fridge for tonight - including leftover dessert which I should toss, but this is a special treat. Why? I've no idea. No mental strength to throw it away. 

I went out for a long walk yesterday morning. I managed to get over 5,00 steps so I was very happy about that. Because by the time I got into bed quite late last night, I realized that I was short by about 700 steps to get in 10,000 for the day. I lay there for a few minutes and couldn't live with myself and my stomach needed to get up and have a good rumble. I walked the halls after 11 PM last night until I reached 10,000. I need to get those numbers back up to get back on track with my virtual challenges.

I'm behind - not by much and a couple of good days at home will change that. It's amazing how few of us here are concerned about what we eat and how much exercise we get. The absolute worst thing they can do is eat lots and then sit. It's awful - I feel awful. So I'm trying with the morning walk to fix part of that.

Yesterday was another incredible day. We've had some amazing presentations with loads of information and inspiration. I'm beyond myself with ideas and things to do.

Now here's the thing - for those that know me, I'm all about passion. If I love doing something - then I'm one of the most passionate people out there. I passionate about things working properly and well - I'm not one to sit on the sidelines.

So there's something that I got very passionate about yesterday and it was also mentioned the day before. There's nothing like repeating the same concern multiple times and hopefully, the concern will sink in.

One of the big guys is coming back today to spend a bit of time about something that I've been pretty vocal about. We heard about that last night at 5 PM when we were on our way out the door for dinner.

After dinner, I spent several hours with a couple of my colleagues and had a few others provide some feedback via e-mail. Then I worked on the presentation late last night and I'll present it this morning. Let's just say that it was late when I finally went to bed. I've been up early this morning to polish and add a few more things. I'm excited and can't wait to present this morning. This is the kind of thing that gets me hyper excited. Whether it'll fall on deaf ears or not (as often happens in corporations - been there, done that), but the fact that he is coming back because of this issue - I'm excited.

That's the optimist in me - always look on the bright side. And if nothing happens - well - it's not my boat. I'm sorry that none of what we've seen this week can be shared with you. But that's OK - that's just how it has to be. But you're going to see a whole lot of exciting things coming up - whether it's from my personal creations or whether it's from the company.

We chatted about our upcoming projects for 2020 and well - I couldn't sit back there either! As a result, I've got to get my thinking cap on. Deadlines have been set  - let the creativity begin! And with my new found serger skills and a commitment to myself to become 150% proficient with the sewing/embroidery machines - well who knows what's possible.

One of the group lives in LA. She is the most eccentric (in a very good way) of us all and dresses so funky. She's the Miss Congeniality amongst us. Her husband is an actor. I would love to do a road trip to LA to visit her. Hey Quilt Posse????  Are we up for a trip to LA??? 

There is an amazing garment district in LA or a sewing district - I'm not sure which. Anyway - this is a button that Monica had sitting on her desk. I'm not sure if it's for someone. If she doesn't move it - I might have to steal it. But isn't this adorable???





Sorry - this is short and sweet this morning. My brain is running on steroids and I need to finish my breakfast and go for a walk to clear it out. My new longer path is the perfect distance. Just one small length that has no sidewalk and no shoulder. A bit harrowing, but I can manage.

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a super day!!!  A really super day!!!!!

Ciao!!!!



3 comments: