Thursday, October 26, 2023

Barn Star Sampler

Sometimes, I think I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body! 

YES -- there is a Virtual Retreat this weekend. I'll post the links at the end of this post and tomorrow. Some scraps need to be sorted, and this will be the perfect thing to do during the retreat. I hate having the bags around on the floor, and I need to work on the project I'm using the scraps for, so this is good timing! 

Sick? Yep, I can no longer deny that I'm sick, but not too ill. No fever, a scratchy throat, and a bit tired. All can be dealt with with a nap when necessary and throat lozenges. I'll make short work of this as I don't have time to be sick. And I'll pray a lot that my immune system can handle it. OH - and lots of water. I still managed to walk over 13 KM, so I can't be too sick. 

I have many things to do, and I'm slowly working through them. I don't quite have the usual energy level, so bear with me if you're waiting for me on something. The quilts are trimmed, and I'm sending out e-mails today if anyone is looking for them. I have to prepare a couple of presentations for the weekend (in the morning), and then we can play at the retreat. 

I don't think I ever showed you the progress on my Barn Star Sampler quilt. We started this project in January, and the plan is to have finished quilt tops by December. So, the end is near, and most class members have kept up. 

Here are some of the blocks. 

Every month, we need to make at least two of every block. My colors are citrus colors. 

And a lot of other blocks are HUGE. These first two are 16" square. 

One block 

The designer used the same colors for both blocks, but I didn't want to do that, so I switched them out. 


Same block - different colors



This block is also 16" square. 
Another block for October




And here's the second colorway for this block. 
The second colorway for this block




Then we had to make a number of smaller blocks - I believe these are 6". I only have a picture of one of the blocks, but I have all of them made. 



A six-inch block


And then we had to make a few of these, which are also 6". 


Crossroads block



Let's just say that the quilt is HUGE!!!! I think it's 80" by 100" or thereabouts. But here is the top section of mine. That section is 80" wide by 24" high. And it is all sewn together! 

The top section of the Barn Star Sampler


And here's the bottom section. We still have blocks that I'll assign in November, and then we can continue with the final assembly. 


The bottom section of the Barn Star Sampler quilt



So, barring any disaster, I should have no problem getting my quilt top together for December! Although November will be a busy month, I should be able to complete it. If not, it's very close. 


There is lots of exciting stuff happening in the Husqvarna Viking world and mySewnet. They have released a VAULT that you can store your embroidery designs in. There are so many changes, and we are supposed to be on top of it so we can explain them to others. I started moving all my embroidery files from the Cloud (old) to the Vault (new). I've transferred quite a few designs over, but there is more to follow today. I still have some questions, but OH MY GOSH -- this new system is miles ahead of the old one.  

I need to delete some of the files stored in the old Cloud. It's incredible how much you forget things you created and just take up space. That is one of my problems, and it needs to be cleaned up occasionally. 

Now that we have 2 GB of storage space, it'll hold up to 40,000 embroidery designs! WOWSER!!!! Each design can be tagged so you can cross-reference them. If you are into machine embroidery and do NOT have a mySewnet account (free), you should check it out. This is amazing!!!!!

Well, that's it for me for today. 

Virtual Retreat Links:

Saturday, October 28 -- starts at 6:00 PM EST


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89254233911?pwd=VGQrTnFybW1HMWpleHA4M2Q2NGVwZz09 Meeting ID: 892 5423 3911 Passcode: 982797




Sunday, October 29 -- starts at NOON EST

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86119598156?pwd=ZDFxcElxS0NmeTRjczdSR2FXd3N2Zz09

Meeting ID: 861 1959 8156
Passcode: 053861



I'm off to work in slow motion. Do some work - have a nap. Do some more work - have a nap. I'm good with that!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment