Thursday, October 12, 2023

Panic at the grocery store

Someone commented on the blog yesterday about the reason I went on the Camino. That was learning to slow down and live here and now. I can't do that 100%, but that's partially why it's taking me so long to get back into the swing of things. 

I do NOT want to be crazy busy - I want to be active but not go insane. Elle -- thank you for that reminder. It will take me some time to be comfortable with that concept, and I'm already looking forward to reducing more things in the new year. 

On that note, no customer quilt was done yesterday, but I got one loaded. 

I had a wee issue with my head and needed a nap. So, the central vac stopped working, which is usually a sign that the container is full and needs to be emptied. So I did that. Let's say there was a LOT of dust and dog hair. Then I returned to cutting fabric, and my nose wouldn't stop running. My head felt like it was about to explode, and I lost all my energy. The only way to recoup was to take a nap, which I did! My nose felt 1000% better after that, and no more issues for the rest of the day. Why is that? 

I needed to pick up a few groceries, so that was my afternoon walk. I zipped around the store, picking up a few things - always mindful of the weight! I scanned all my items at the self-checkout and was about to pay, and I searched my pockets and WAIT! No cards, nothing. What? I'm sure I grabbed them before I left. 

I had to get the attendant to suspend my sale, and I would be back. Just as I was about to leave the store, I realized I had my little cross-body pouch on me (DUH!), and that's where I put the cards. What an idiot, so I had to go back and confess my silliness! 

Bottom line, I was prepared to go home and back again (more steps), but there was no need. I had on a vest, so I couldn't feel the little pouch. It was one of those days. I'll blame it on the dust, which was probably still fogging my brain!

Yesterday was the last day to pay that speeding ticket I got in Saskatchewan before it went into collections. I decided to pay online. When I got to the spot to enter my birthday, I knew I was in trouble. I couldn't figure out how to choose the year without going back through the months and years ONE at a time. Yes -- for each year I needed to go back, I had to click 12 times. I was not amused when my mouse slipped; it took me back to the current month. 

I called them. Before I started, I mentioned this little fact. OH -- if you click on the year, you can click to go back. OK -- so that is better than what I was doing, but still -- that was a LOT of clicks. I paid online! But I gave them feedback. Why not have a dropdown menu -- that's way faster! Especially for old folks like me! 


I recently finished reading The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. Corrie is a real person who was imprisoned for hiding Jews during the 2nd World War. She was ratted out by a fellow Dutchman. The horror people endured during the war, never mind what happened in the concentration camps, is mind-blowing. How anyone survived the brutality of the Germans is beyond me. Most of today's society wouldn't make it to the first checkpoint. I don't know that I would. 

But this family was highly religious, and their faith in their God was absolute. If you take the instances where divine intervention occurred, you would also believe. It's a hard book to read -- the stories are so horrifying that - well, you just wish the captors would be subjected to the same treatment. 

Corrie passed away in 1983, but this book was first published in 1971, and a movie was also made.  

It is a significant reminder of the war and how many sacrifices people worldwide made to protect others, their countries, etc. As November 11 approaches, we need to remember all the terrible things that happened and those who gave their lives so we could live a cushy existence!


I had a great day in the sewing room! But nothing that I can share! I'm prepping for the five classes this weekend, and there is no rush because I still have time! How did that happen? I better not speak too freely because I must keep working to complete it. 

I had to choose colors for a new quilt, and this is the box I went for. More next week after I show the class. But it was so much fun to go through that box when it was all sorted, neat and tidy. I must do the same thing with the other scrap boxes. 


The very neat box of brown scraps


I was sewing on THREE projects this morning - using them as enders and leaders for each other. At one point, my iron went hiss and spewed out a lot of crap, so I stopped to clean that. 

The iron spewed crap!


We need to do it regularly, and I'm not good at remembering. 


There are a lot of leaves in the forest, and this is Miss Lexi proudly prancing among them. 


Miss Lexi on her morning walk

And then, of course, there is Mr Cutie Pants. He absolutely loves this new bed I bought him. It has a built-in blanket, so he can snuggle if he wants to. He used to snuggle under the covers at night if he was cold, but since I put his bed onto the bed, he hunkers down and doesn't budge! What a guy!




Good morning from Mr. Bear


There's still more paperwork to take care of this morning, but I managed to get some of it tidied away yesterday. I have a USB stick that is write-protected, and I need to remove that. How did it get write-protected anyway? It does NOT have a physical switch on it, so I have to find some setting to make that happen. Crap! I hate dealing with little inconveniences like that. But many files need to be deleted, and I can only delete them once this little issue is resolved. If I took it to the Geek Squad, they could do it without thinking. 

Hmmm -- that might be an option! 


On that note, I'm out of here! I have loads of stuff to do today, and a quilt has to be quilted. 

Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Definitely, learning how to be active without being insane.

    ReplyDelete