Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Life has gone to the dogs!

Have you ever prepped something and realized it was the wrong topic? That happened the other day. I looked at my calendar and started to prepare a presentation. Then, I checked the store schedule and discovered that I had prepped the wrong topic! ACK! So a mad scramble ensued, and I got everything done! I prepared the presentation for December, so when it's time to prep that one -- it's already done! 

But as I go through my folders locating pictures and documents, it would be much easier if it was better organized. I'm part way there, but some stuff is a bit out of place. So that will take some time to sort out, but in the meantime, I'm good. 

However, I have an online storage spot for my embroidery files - the mySewnet Cloud, which is now being replaced by the mySewnet Vault, which is way better. I transferred many files yesterday, but I still have many to transfer. I should have been prepping for that, but I had no idea what I was up against, so I left it! 

I don't think the Cloud is going anywhere soon, so I should have time to transfer everything. The worst part is that my Cloud got mingled with someone else's, and I'm not sure which of the files are mine and which are hers. Don't ask! 

I had another Zoom in the morning, and all the follow-up is done for those. I think I'm up-to-date on the class paperwork, so that's good! It's not like any of it takes a lot of time, but it takes time, and put together with all the other paperwork, it eats into the creativity time! 

Fall has arrived - OK - it's been here for a while. The trees were not as brilliant as they have been in the past, but still pretty. This is what's left of the leaves in my backyard. 

The trees in the backyard

But DH's plane on Monday morning needed to be deiced, so winter is coming! 

And what's with the white pumpkins? It's become pretty popular to have those white pumpkins, although the orange ones still dominate. 

Pumpkins


I got several quilts trimmed yesterday, so that was good, but I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked. Why does that happen? OH -- I got stuff done, just NOT stuff that shows. No one wants to see boring e-mails or distribution lists! 


The girls and the boy are so entertaining. Little Bear wants to play with Lexi, and she wants to play with him, just not at the same time. Silly dogs. 


Little Bear and Lexi

And Murphy is just happy with a stick. That dog is so enthusiastic about anything! 



A big dog with a big stick!



 

OK -- I'm in total denial about this, but I got a scratchy throat. We did get a notification that several people tested positive for COVID at the convention. I'm medicated to prevent any hiccups in my schedule. I confess that I'm a bit tired. I might just have a wee nap! No fever, no cough, so let's hope it stays that way!

Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs are just adorable! I do hope you feel better real quick! 🥰

    ReplyDelete