Saturday, March 30, 2019

On cooking oatmeal - Part Two


Oh boy - everyone is up now or almost and they’re all talking. Oh good - now they’ve gone to the living room. 

After lunch, I decided to tackle the twin needle situation again. This time, I put the same weight of thread in the two needles and the bobbin. Did a test sample and you know what? It worked like a charm. I was very happpy so I got the background of my next two blocks for the UFO project done!!!  That felt good, but that’s about all I can claim to have gotten done yesterday. 

I also did go back to ValueVillage and I checked the rest of the items that I normally search for. All I found was a book that cost $3.00. Then I was off to the quilt store and picked up a few items to help with my twin needle situation. Then I was good. 

But it was absolutely gorgeous yesterday and there was no way that I was going to stay in the house. So I threw on my jacket and I was off. I walked FAST for one hour. That allows me to walk down to the next road in both directions from the house. Up and down some nice hills. I think it’s about 4 KM in total????  Not sure. But it was a glorious day. 

I have a quilt for a magazine that needs to be done (I know - I’m still making quilts for the magazines). It’s called a leap of faith. I did a bit of cutting - normally I’d be cut, but there was no time for that so I’m cutting here. No big deal. I’m going to work on that project this morning. 

Who know what the rest of the day will be like. I see there is a wee bit of snow today, hopefully it won’t be too bad as I’d like to go for another walk. 

On that note, I’m out of here to fire up the sewing machine and get back got work. I’ve got to make up for lost time yesterday! Nothing too fancy on the agenda so the day should go well. 

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the twin needle issue sorted out. It's always so frustrating when something like that happens at a retreat. I actually managed to sneak a retreat in a couple of weeks ago, my last one with the quilt group I started almost 20 years ago. They are carrying on with a great bunch of women. I actually finished all the projects I brought except 2 (and really I only threw those in because I thought I didn't have enough, lol!). Tomorrow I start getting the kits ready so I can get the rest of my stash ready for storage. Have fun at the rest of your retreat!

    ReplyDelete