Monday, January 13, 2020

Do you know where your phone is?


I know there are loads of people who check their phone first thing when they get up. I've been up for two hours and just realized that I have no idea where my phone is! I was going to forward some pictures - actually, I was going to check to see if I took any pictures yesterday that I could forward for the blog. Oh - if I did - that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I had a couple of things that are due today. Did I get them done last night? NO - I did some preliminary designs on EQ8, but did I take it all the way? NO. So I'm happy to report that one file is already sent and the second one is currently being scanned and it'll go in minutes. (It's gone now!)

I seriously need to take the ideas that the magazine rejects and write them up into patterns. Some of this stuff is super cute!!!

I did get my magazine quilt from yesterday quilted! It's off the long arm and trimmed - the binding will go on later today. Yeah - that will be done and ready to deliver on Wednesday! I'm going to start right away on the next one, but I do have some projects to finish up for my educator job as well.

And Vintage Christmas homework assignment is due to the group on Friday of this week. I also owe a few e-mails so bear with me. I hope to do that later today after Monday sewing. It's been so long since I attended the Monday sewing group because of the holidays and my being away last week! I'm not even sure what I have to do in my basket.

OH -- just found my phone - it was right beside but of course, already covered by some paper! I do have pictures, but since I'm a bit behind this morning - I'll save those for tomorrow.

So do you remember when I gave away all that cotton yarn that people use to make dishcloths??  Yep - what would I ever need that for? Well, look at what I found that you can do with it.

You can crochet up a reusable pad for your Swifter!!! I love that idea as I hate putting out the money for those expensive pads that just fill up the landfill. I use them sparingly and I've also used batting scraps. Why not? Now I'll go out and buy ONE ball of that cotton yarn - ONE and make myself one of these. There's another pattern online as well.    I think this link is the original link that'll link you to the other patterns. But seriously - we NEED to stop buying all this garbage stuff and get back to the basics. Making our own stuff. Most of us have the time - why aren't we doing more???

I just checked my numbers for the Virtual Challenge. I'm almost 15 miles behind schedule. That's because of last week. That means I need to kick it up a notch this week and get myself back on track. Yesterday morning was a bit dicey for walking as there was a nice thin coating of ice everywhere. That was gone by mid-morning, but it made walking the dogs a wee bit challenging. I see we have a bit of snow this morning so hopefully, the walking won't be so bad. Can you believe that since I started the challenge, that I've walked almost 73 MILES????  That's wild considering it's only January 13. But I've got to get back on track - I'm behind!

I did get in over 12,000 steps yesterday - just by doing daily stuff. I also taught a class on Decorative Stitches which was great fun. Everyone here had a PFAFF sewing machine which was interesting. Then I spent a long time on the phone chatting with Mom and Dad and trimming quilts. I managed to get one more quilt trimmed so the pile for trimming is getting smaller, but the pile for binding is getting larger.

There's always something to be done! And I can't forget that this coming weekend is our UFO club and I NEED to get my homework done. I REFUSE to cough up $10.

On that note, I'm out of here. Sorry for the short and sweet, but sometimes - that's just the way it is.

Have a super day!!!!!

Ciao!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment