I thought I had a system to remind myself to take my once-a-week bone density meds, but I haven't done it in weeks! I got an auto-renewal at the drug store, and I'm weeks behind. I'm going to have to set a task on my phone to remind me early Sunday morning. It is the most ridiculous thing in the world. I told the doctor to not give me that prescription, and when I renewed it, they forgot and sent the old one to the drugstore instead of the one I can take with food. Sigh..................
Hopefully all this strength training will help, and I can stop taking that pill. I should look to my personal trainer for inspiration. I'm not sure how young she is, but she participates in bikini fit challenges. Oh my ---- something to aspire to!
But onto bigger and better things!
Here is the garage. The line of crap on the right side is my sorting for the recycling depot. There are piles of styrofoam in the middle for recycling. And a few boxes of wires and lighting stuff that need sorting.
 |
| The garage, also known as the sorting spot. |
The left side is a bit messier, but not that bad. A little bit each day, and it will get cleaned up! And I'm OK with that. I need to sweep the floor and start moving the stuff I want to keep into the far left corner. My goal is to get that space tidied up by October 1. I guess I can say that I've tackled the garage several times, but never gotten to the bottom of the piles of junk.
 |
| The other side of the garage |
I found a company that will come to the house to pick up books, so I have notified them that I need a pickup, and I now have 9 boxes of books for pickup. I still have three bags and one box in the office that I will try to sell or give away to other places. If no one takes them, they can go to the thrift store bit by bit.
 |
| My pile of books for donation |
Once the last two boxes for the electrical stuff and those books leave the office, I'll have lots of room! It's not bad, not perfect - far from it, but progress is being made.
There are so many great quotes online, and of course, I had to stop to find one. This quote is so true—I could rush through the entire thing in a day. I could be exhausted and hate the process. I do what works for me. I'm slow and methodical, and I'm not about to change. I don't want to change! At least not with decluttering.
Here is an interesting question DH and I seem to discuss frequently. Yep - it's the use of AI. I lament about my calendar, and he says I should use an agent to help me. I don't need or want an agent to deal with my calendar. Seriously? I have trouble enough trying to remember things that I personally book - actually, I don't, but that sounds way more dramatic!) My problem is finding room to schedule something in. I'm not talking about a one-hour meeting like he needs; I'm talking about booking a quilt retreat, or a weekend away, or a day to help pack and ship puzzles.
I don't need an agent to show me what to do - I need more weekends!!! I have wide-open weeks, and weekends are booked. Well, that's not completely true either because I have weekends open - just not the right ones!
Then DH suggested that I use AI to help me research my subjects. Seriously? We are in totally different worlds. I'm a creative person, and if I'm looking for a quote, how the heck will AI know which one is the perfect one for me? I like to be in control and pick the one I like the best, and it takes mere seconds for Google AI to find them. I do NOT want some AI suggesting what I should use.
And there are times when I'm researching something and something else pops up, and that is the beauty of manual research. Besides, who doesn't remember searching those card catalogs at the library? I was in my glory when I discovered those!
So what is wrong with Murphy? She was outside and started to bark around 10 PM. Not a lot, but enough. So DH brought her in, and she went upstairs. Why? She lies in the bedroom at the back of the house so she can hear the backyard noises and the waterfalls. She slept like a log and didn't get up until I coaxed her downstairs this morning. Then before I could move my barricade to the basement steps, she went downstairs. Sigh..............
At least, we have a workable solution as long as she can do the stairs. I don't understand why she slips on the basement stairs, which have those carpet treads, and yet she can sneak her way upstairs, which are just wood. The mysteries of an aging dog.
While you can't see it in this photo, the spider (and he's a giant one) is happily spinning his web, and it's huge. It covers a huge portion of that open space. I have no idea what it is connected to, but it's big. The spider is probably big because he is capturing lots of insects with that giant web.
 |
| A giant spider web |
I was madly stitching out embroidery samples on both machines. Here is one of them. It's a polar bear made with felting (acrylic wool on cotton). He's so cute, and I want to add some words of wisdom to him. I hope to make that happen today. The samples will NOT be finished as in quilted and bound or made into a bag, but that's OK. I feel he needs a can of Coke!
 |
| My felted polar bear |
I have a couple of other samples, but forgot to take pictures. I'll try to do that today, or perhaps I'll wait.
I went through a lot of bobbins.
 |
| A lot of bobbins got used. |
Wait -- before you gasp at the quantity, all of those were partially used, and I was tired of seeing them in my bobbin box, so I used them up! They went in a bag and will be donated to someone who uses them for fidget quilts.
What fabric do you use when you make samples? I needed some plain fabric to test out some quilting - wait until you hear about the new functions on the PFAFF creative icon 3 for quilting! Anyway, I got to the point where rotary cutting wasn't happening. I was ripping the fabric as it was faster and easier. GASP - I never thought I would say that.
 |
| RIP!!!!!! |
And the room looks like a tornado went through it, but that's typical when I'm in intense work mode.
 |
| Studio B in disarray - again! |
I created a few embroidery files to stitch out today, and I'm searching for two things to embroider on, and I haven't seen either. I swear I have them, but where the heck are they? I might just go to the thrift store to see if I can find replacements, or I have one other tub to check. Darn annoying!
And then I spent the evening with the puzzle. Actually, it isn't that difficult of a puzzle and rather fun, once you get into it. Can you spot the duplicate doors? They are almost the same, and that threw me off. I'm definitely working by color and still have red and miscellaneous. I should be able to finish that by Monday night and pack it in my suitcase. Oh yes -- I know puzzlers across the country, and why not share my wealth rather than donate it back to the thrift store?
 |
| Progress on the puzzle |
Now that I've worked with it a bit, as I scour my design boards, I can quickly identify the location of pieces and find them a home. And in my slow, methodical way (I will never be a good speed puzzler), I try to find a home for all the pieces I pull. I had some yellow pieces left, and by scouring the picture on the box, I found a home for all of them. Now that's satisfaction! I'm onto red later today.
I have to share these with you. Yep --- it's my daily dose from Thought.minds on IG. I love seeing what they post, and so much of it is true! OK—so the artwork is AI-generated; you can't have everything. If only we could live with all those words of wisdom. I think the goal is to pick one we already do well or believe in, then find a new one or just think about them. And try to be a better person. Not perfect - just better.
OH MY --- how true is this one!!!! I'm not quite like the dog, but it doesn't take much to give me joy.
And I love this!! You have to read it a few times to realize what they are saying. But are you a chicken?
Let's face it - panicking doesn't work!
And on that happy note - I'm about to panic! Kidding—I just have lots of work to do and am trying to declutter the house at the same time. Have you noticed that it's nothing for me to declutter these days? I may not do a lot, but almost every day, something gets put away in its home or finds a new home. It's a habit that can become addictive, which is good since the flow of stuff to deal with is steady!
I have enough samples to take with me - any more is icing on the cake.
Have a wonderful day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment