Saturday, October 10, 2026

You've been spammed!!

I get spam in the blog comments all the time, and I try to delete it every day. They still come back, and it's amazing what triggers the comments. 

But yesterday I got spammed differently. And I "almost" got scammed. I received an email from an acquaintance, but she was also part of an organization I belong to. Since the information was vague, I asked for more details. The response came back with legitimate information, although still somewhat vague, and I will say that it crossed my mind why this person would contact me. 

Then I got an email asking if I would buy two $200 gift cards and send them somewhere (maybe electronically) and how I would like to be reimbursed! 

I don't think so! That's when I looked at the actual email address of the "person" who sent me that request. Bogus, as it was a series of numbers!!! I was telling DH about it at dinner when I received yet another email asking if I had gotten the details. 

The big issue is how many people would fall for that? I don't see how anyone could, since you are sending $400 to people you don't know, directed to do so by someone you vaguely know, and it boggles my mind that anyone would fall for it. 

So what I learned from this? Next time someone sends a request with vague instructions, ignore it! I felt a bit silly when I realized, but hey, we have to learn somehow, and thankfully, no money was sent. I am very tight with my money and wouldn't send it to anyone I didn't know; even to people I do know, I would definitely think twice depending on the circumstances.  

DH and I chatted about wallets last night, and yes, he knew that you could put the boarding passes in a wallet. I remember now that our airline asks if we want to pin the boarding pass in a wallet. I assumed it was the airline's wallet. As mentioned yesterday, since my boarding pass could change at the last minute  (upgrade) and I've never had issues with no Wi-Fi access, I'll keep using the airline app. 

I bought tickets to another movie last night, and I'll use the theatre app for those as well. It's easy, and I don't want to complicate my life with another app. The movie is Spider-Man, and we go tonight at 6:20. It's 1 1/2 hours long. I'm doomed! 

The two presentations are locked and loaded for this morning. So that is good. I wish I had a bit more time to sew everything, but I got enough done to show the homework, and OH MY, the blocks are so amazing!!! I'll share tomorrow. 

I was chatting with M last night, and who knew that she and a chum from early school days still play Nancy Drew computer games? I didn't know that. Apparently, her friend enhances the atmosphere with candles and music. You can find the Nancy Drew computer games at herinterative. Who knew??? They are not free, but you can buy bundles. I'm tempted!!!! But I don't have much control with these types of games, and I don't want to go down another rabbit hole.  

Here are the dog photos of the day. I just missed getting Lexi asleep with her head resting on the table leg. That must be so very comfortable. 

MOM -- SHHHH -- bedtime!

And while Murphy is still full of fire, she is much quieter during the day and often spends the entire day outside. I saw her parked outside one of Studio B's windows. She likes the cool air, and while she can come downstairs, she isn't a fan of me helping her up the stairs. 

Murphy enjoying the outdoors


So here is one of the messes that we cannot leave our children. I have a box in the office that is filled with odds and ends. On a good day, the lid closes flat. I was rifling through it, so it's a bit askew. 

A box of odds and ends


When you open the box, it's filled with JUNK. But not really junk - it's filled with odds and ends. 

A portable junk drawer! 


So far, I've found some receipts, a pair of shoelaces you don't have to tie (where were they when I bought two other pairs?), and many other small things. I am trying to deal with a couple of things every day until the box is empty. But there are things I want to keep, simply as mementos. I should make this my box of memories (not junk) and mark it so it gets thrown out when I am gone. 

The problem is, how many of those types of boxes are there in the office? I know there are other boxes in here, but I think most have been sorted into categories; they still need to be sorted through, and most of the contents need to go! I see FOUR boxes on the shelf by my chair, and there are several more on the table. 

It's the detritus of life that we don't want to throw out, but we don't really need to keep. 

Those are the kinds of boxes you need to sort. Sit on the sofa with one box and start sorting and tossing. That's what your kids will do when they see the mess - wait! I mean they will toss, not sort! But wouldn't it be nice to save only the memories, then sit from time to time, enjoy the memory triggers, and put it away again? And when you are gone, no one needs to see the stuff in the box. Simple. 

I know there are at least 8 boxes on the bookshelf in here, and most of the contents haven't seen the light of day in years. Thankfully, the boxes are small, but they still need to be dealt with. 

When I was at the grocery store the other day, I spotted this. It's a tiny container of Vaseline lip care. Yes -- the colder weather is approaching, and my lips are dry. I bought this, knowing that it's totally impractical. How the heck do you get your finger in the container to get the contents out? Now I need to find a small applicator, which is one extra thing to carry. I shouldn't have bought it, since I have plenty of lip balms in a tube! But it was cute!!!!


Cutest container of lip balm


I'd like to say good-bye to my last bran muffin. Brooke and I talked at the gym the other day, and I had already decided my body just can't handle the sugar in these muffins. This wasn't from Brooke; it was from me. I had completely cut out all refined sugar a couple of years ago, and I felt amazing. I've let it creep back into my diet, and I hate what it does to my waistline, so out with the bran muffins and in with something protein-filled. 

My last bran muffin


I'm thinking of cottage cheese or yogurt with almonds? I need to do some investigating since I will need a snack tomorrow. 

But seriously? If I am trying to cut sugar from my diet, this is NOT the puzzle I should be working on. The sugar content in this thing could kill just by looking at it!! 

Progress on the puzzle

I am making decent progress. As I mentioned, I'm looking for small color groupings and trying to find homes for them. It's a nice, calming activity to do after dinner. 

And have you seen this? It came up in my feed yesterday. 


A cell phone accessory



OMG --- I had to laugh, but this is a REAL thing you can buy for your phone. I guess what's "old" is new!!!! 

If anyone is interested in purchasing the Trendtex Challenge (hosted by the Canadian Quilters' Association), it is available. And I'm pleased to say the five fabrics look very decent together. I could never understand why at least one of the five was so out of whack with the others that people shied away from doing it. This year, you can't use that excuse. I believe they are looking for small quilts and bags. 




If you wish to order a kit, here is the link. If you are a member, you can buy a kit right now. If you are NOT a member, you have to wait until October 15. 

I've decided to forego the Cherrywood Challenge. It's become so expensive to buy the kit, and I decided it's time to let it go. I've had two that traveled in their shows, and I've made six in total, though one is being reworked! 


Well, that's it for me. I'm out of here to walk the girls and then give two presentations. Then I have two more tomorrow, and I have a little work to finish and the presentations to assemble. Those two are easy!! 

It's going to be a WONDERFUL day!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment