Monday, August 6, 2012

Land of the Living Skies


As much as I liked having all the girls over, it was nice yesterday to just do my own thing. I got a lot accomplished - half of a customer quilt done - no picture - you will see it when it is complete. AND I finished another block and FOUR little blocks for the exchange. Since it is a secret - can't post that picture either.


But to provide you some pictures today, I am going back to my vacation pictures. Saskatchewan's slogan on their license plates is "Land of the Living Skies". From these pictures you can see exactly why that is their slogan.


Who said Saskatchewan was FLAT????    This is Buffalo Pound Lake in Qu'Appelle Valley. 

Starting up the other side of the valley - lake is behind us. 
This is a spectacular valley. You are driving along - no hills and then all of a sudden, the ground drops away. Amazing!!!!!   Apparently the Mountain Biking in Buffalo Pound Park Provincial Park is home to some of the toughest trails around because of the short, steep elevations.


Now you would think this was a sun rise or perhaps a sun set. NOPE - the sun was setting BEHIND me when I took this picture. Not sure what was going on, but it looked pretty cool. 

Spectacular clouds




Rainbow

So much rain, that many sloughs have over flowed onto THE ROAD in many locations. We saw many makeshift damns along the side of the roads to keep the water back. 


The North Saskatchewan River Valley
Looking opposite direction - The North Saskatchewan River Valley


They even have SIGNS for the hills!!!!

STORM clouds. I was just about at my parents place - I'm thinking - do I want to arrive in a storm????   They did get hit with a tornado a couple of years ago. 

Cloud burst!!!

Hard to see in the picture, but the wind was blowing so hard and it was COLD. The temperature dropped very quickly.



Anyway - many people say that it is a boring province to drive through, but I disagree. You need to LOOK and you will see much to look at. OK - if the sky is clear, perhaps it will get boring!


Must get back to work, got lots to do and I am making good progress so don't want to put a stop to that momentum.


Have a great day!!!!           (I'll have quilting stuff tomorrow)



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Saskatchewan is flat like Nebraska is flat. Where do "they" get this FLAT stuff anyway??

    I've been reading your posts about your four-day in-house retreat. Sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete