Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to normal - whatever NORMAL is?????


First - I have a BIG BEEF. While I use the internet a lot (OK - I am NOT a super user like some people), but I use it for a lot of different things.

And to my limited knowledge there are TWO platforms to get here. One is Google Chrome and the other is Internet Explorer (from the PC world)

Now what the heck is going on with these products - especialy Google Chrome???????    While I appreciate all that Google is doing - adding in new products, some of them are just a pain. I installed SmileBox just before leaving on vacation and things are messed up. SmileBox (and other programs) will install their own tool bar (so many installed that you can't see the top of web pages), they pop up in your face when you just want Google. And then to get rid of them is equally a chore!!!!!!  

GOOGLE - are you listening - STOP MESSING with stuff. I am NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And how the heck are we supposed to learn all this stuff - I mean you wake up one day and POOF things are different.



So I am in Explorer this morning and can only load ONE picture at a time which is a pain. GRRRRRRRRR - CRAPPY CRAPPY CRAPPY internet.   And what is the deal with all these POP UP ads????????    


OK - I feel better now, except that my keyboard is skipping keys like crazy. See what I mean - what the heck is normal???????


Back out on the bike last night! I KNOW!!!!!    Pretty crazy, but I took my road bike which weighs NOTHING compared to my touring bike with all that crap on it. I will have to evaluate what I carry if I go on a bike tour again. We only went 37 K in  1 1/2 hours. A nice little tour!!!!!



OH CRAP - I have to call my tech guys in India and the HP guys. THIS SITUATION is too much hassle. I will load my pictures later.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Cio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Try downloading & running Malware Bytes Anti-Malware. It solves a lot of problems.

    I have to agree with you on the constant change in Internet programs. A real pain. When something works perfectly well, why change it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.Download Mozilla Firefox and use it instead of IE. much better!!
    2.if a weird search bar appears, right click on it on a blank spot and delete/erase.
    3.http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95472 Link for pop ups.
    My son the computer geek taught me all this. I am just another quilter :o)
    4. Be sure you have free microsoft anti virus and malware:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

    ReplyDelete