Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tour Atlantic - Day Nine


Boy - sometimes this blog takes a LOT of time to get organized. Edit the pictures, then I get interrupted, then I get back to it. Well it is after 10 PM and we are supposed to be up early to ride in the morning. But no tent to take down, so I can afford a bit more time here.

A rest day!!!!!!!!   And we are staying in a dorm so that is awesome!!!!!   Dry feet - air conditioning - a nice shower - well it is glorious. And the weather is gorgeous here!!!!


I was up early - had continental breakfast at the dorm and then headed off to pick up hot chocolate at Tim's. I then took my book down to the park by the dock and read for a couple of hours. It was GLORIOUS!!!!!!

Then I walked around for a bit and visited a couple of stores - saw some cool art in the city. Found two awesome used books stores where I could not resist buying a HUGE book on quilting. How I will get it home - well that will be another story!!!!

A tuna fish made from stainless steel spoons

Two quilt blocks on this building, but NO quilts inside


Another quilt block - but not sure what the meaing was for????




Cool star lamps


Neat bike rack - for boys................




And girls...................


Oh my god - it is ANNE of Green Gables


Then dumped the giant quilt book off in my room and back out to find some lunch. Then back to the park with my book. It is at the page turning point, but I won't have time to finish it for a day or so. DRAT!!!!


I had a stop at COWS for ice cream. Hmmmm - according to their information - COWS is NUMBER ONE in the world. Ben and Jerry's - a paltry NUMBER TEN!!!!!    Have to admit it was good!!!!



Cows Ice Cream - where they were making FRESH cones - Don Cherry flavour - delicious



Cows - World's BEST ice cream - only 16% FAT!!!!!!


Then we were all going to meet up for dinner at 6. I was hoping to get all the blogging done by then, but it didn't happen. Because there was a cruise ship in the harbour and it was leaving at 5 - so I stayed to watch it leave. Pretty amazing that that ship turned on a dime!!!!!   Pretty slick and didn't take that long either!

Just starting to push away from the dock



Then started to turn



Heading out!!!!!!

Then out for dinner - the others all had "all you can eat" ribs, but I was so full from lunch that there was no way - so I had a chicken salad. And I am FULL FULL FULL.


The posse heading out to dinner!!!!




Renee - with her bib!!!!

OK - she had to be different and got lobster and mussels


The crew at dinner!!!


Diane explaing to Renee how to eat a lobster!!!



Did I say that I visited the quilt store????   Yes - so weird because Ronda was just here!!!   And I have hooked up with my friend (Joyce)  who is in Beddeck and we should be able to get a ride with her. I mean it is a small world.


Tonight marks a major point in the trip. We knew that we were having FIVE people join us to do the last part in Cape Breton. We haven't really met them yet, although we have seen them, but it turns out that Diana is not the only one leaving us tomorrow. Diane and Scott will also be leaving. Oh dear - thank goodess there are FOUR women in the new group or I would be all alone with these men!!!!   Yes - the trip is challenging both physically and mentally. Yes - you spend a LOT of the day on the bike or in camp. I guess it just wasn't what they wanted. Anyway - we will forge ahead and I think George and Mike have already made plans for me to ride with them to the ferry tomorrow!!!!!   Oh boy - I had better get some sleep or I will never keep up to them after all the ribs they ate tonight!!!!!



With this point - I am up to date!!!!!!    We still have FIVE more days of cycling. I will do my best to keep you up to date. We are in camp grounds for the next four nights and no idea what we will have for internet.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment