Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day Four - Mission accomplished!!!



Yes - the fourth and last day of the in house retreat. It was a lot of fun, everyone got loads done and we had great desserts every day!!!!   Thanks to everyone who came and to those who brought goodies - much appreciated. Hmmmm - best get out on my bike today!!!

Let's see - what did everyone get done???


Katheleen finished the baby quilts (she is going to send me pictures). So she started on some applique. Here is piece number one

And piece (s) number two. She only had the pattern for one of these and hand drew the rest from looking at the pattern. Pretty impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And Pauline - she sewed like a fiend the entire time she was here. She has earned the award for the messiest sewer who has come to my retreat!!!!    We all had a great laugh about that!!!!



See what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that is why the floor is laminate and we have a swifter!!!!  


More importantly - look at what she accomplished................................



Pauline's DRAGON STAR - DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!
 Awesome job Pauline - I love it. She was still paper piecing when she came on the first day!!!


Judy was still quilting her quilt, Marian was working on Primitive Garden, Linda was back at work on BooVille and her spool quilt, Karen was working on a top - gosh I never saw what Karen was working on and Sharon WAS working on the block exchange, until she realized Marian was going to be here - then she switched to making bindings.


Because of the retreat days, I tried to make more room in the studio and I pushed my sewing table (that I don't normally sew at) next to my computer. I'm liking the configuration. It is like my little cocoon. There is the computer on the right hand side, the sewing machine on the left and on the sewing table (which is white and I am liking that for some reason) - there is the iPad broadcasting the Olympics. I love this - not a TV, but yet a TV. Oh my god - I could get sucked back into watching TV. Who needs cable with this configuration???????

My personal space cocoon!!!!!!
 I would feel better if the computer desk surfaces were a tad cleaner, but all in due time.


I really want to thank the ladies for coming to the retreat. Not only do they get stuff done, but I needed the motivation to get back into the groove.

I managed to finish the block for the raffle quilt and with the exception of borders, the quilt top is all together. I'll show you a picture later. My goal is to try and get it quilted this week. Got an urgent customer quilt to work on first.

Then I got THREE of these flower blocks completely finished.

Here are my Block of the Month blocks that I won in June. 


I won 27 of them and needed three more to finish off the quilt. The three are finished and I have the sashing fabric picked out and need to get it cut. That may or may not happen this week, but I had to put something back up on the wall. It is pretty WHITE without anything on it.

If you notice the top row - the block that is second from the left. Very hard to see the flower, so I stitched around it with burgundy thread. It shows up a bit more, but well - that is what I got for blocks and that is what I am going to use.

Not a lot of contrast in this block



After the ladies left yesterday, I got busy and worked on a block from the block exchange that we are doing. I made GREAT progress and hope to get finished this morning - well today. Then I can cross another one off the list and move onto the next person. Yes - I am behind - I am supposed to have SIX done and I am working on number FOUR. I am not sure why I got dragged down on this project, but I am seriously trying to get caught up and NOT let these small things accumulate again.

On that note - it is time to get to work. Loads to do today.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment