Sunday, August 12, 2012

Work session - Day TWO



Another day at the sewing machine. And the girls were hard at work - let's have a look at what they got accomplished............


Beth was working on Dear Jane. And those troublesome Y seams!!!!


I noticed that some of the ladies are VERY organized with their Dear Jane books. They have taken the book apart and put each page in page protectors............


The Dear Jane book!


All in page protectors

And then you can add in the completed blocks!!!!   - Nicely done Lisa and  Beth and Cathy!!!!!
 After a bit of refresher instruction yesterday, Lisa went home and did some prep work for the applique,,,,
Lisa - Block one

Lisa - Block two
 And then she got some work done here as well............

Lisa - Block three

Lisa - Block Four

Lisa - Block Five
 Now Lisa liked this one so much - she made it TWICE!!!!!!!


Two times the same block - perhaps she isn't as organized as she lets on!!!!!!


Ronda was here as well and got a lot of blocks done. She is using fusible applique so it goes a bit quicker. But still takes times to prepare and do the stitching (which she still has to do!!)


Ronda's blocks
 Sharon was back and working on Farmer's Wife again. Here are the blocks she has completed in the last couple of days......


Sharon's blocks  - nice!!!!!
 Marlene was here - working away on O Tannenbaum...........


Here she is pressing the LAST seams of her summer homework

She had to make EIGHT of these paper pieced blocks. Nicely done Marlene!!!!!

And what did I do????   Well - I got busy and did more work on Spring has Sprung.
My Spring has Sprung


I am very happy with my progress. Yeah - there is still some stitching to be done around the applique and a bit of cutting to do - I am almost completed the first three sections. There is a section on the right hand side and the top yet to do!!!!!    Hmmmmm - will I get it done by the November reveal??????

By the way (in case I didn't mention it yesterday) - well I think I did, but here goes again - these days were to offer my students in the ongoing classes a chance to work. Only a few were able to make it - hmmmmmm - does that mean the rest are on vacation, oh I know - that means they are already DONE!!!!!!    I sure hope that is the reason!!!!!

Ronda got her birthday present today. A beautiful hand made bird in her favourite colours!!!!!


La Plume!!!!!

And here is MY bird  - L'Orange. I can finally show this bird which I have had for a long time, but couldn't show it until Ronda got hers. Marian has one as well, but I forgot to get a picture of hers. 


Have you seen those Dyson bladeless fans????   I really really wanted one, but unwilling to cough up the money for one. The other day I was at Rona and saw bladeless fans (not by Dyson) and for only $100. I bought one. While the first one didn't work and had to be returned, the second one did work. I kind of like it - it provides cool air but WITHOUT the air movement. Now how can that be?????   Well - it is pretty cool and a snap to clean!!!!!   I am sold!!!!

Bladeless fan!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well - it was a busy day. Make sure you check out - there are at least TWO blogs today.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment