Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tour Atlantic - Day Five - Rest Day



What a nice feeling to not have to get up!  We stayed in a camp ground above the city of Saint John. No it wasn't a scrap yard we were next to, but the FREEWAY and the TRAIN YARD. Go figure!!!!  

I got LUCKY as I got myself ready and hit the laundry facilities at the campground and got in before the others. We found out later that there was another laundry room just across the way. Oh well  - we had lots of entertainment as there was a group of senior citizens in their RVs in the camp and they were having a joint breakfast, including a sing along with an accordian.

Then we were off to the restaurant that was on the campground that opened ONLY at 9 AM. GRRRRR!!!!!   Don't like waiting for my breakfast!!!!    After breakfast went back to the tent and the trailer and got everything organized and then I spent the rest of the day down town in Saint John.

Visited the bike shop, the market and just wandered around. Lots to see - an interesting town.

Here is the market in Saint John


Walked around a corner and saw this!!!!!!!!


Yes - apparently curise ships have been coming to Saint John for 10 years!!!!!  


Just seeing that cruise ship confirms my desire to NOT take a cruise. Seems so restrictive and always on a schedule. What's the point????  I want my vacation to be relaxing. OK - so I am kidding!!!!!!


But still - I like to be in charge (somewhat) and on a cruise - well maybe when I am OLDER!!!!!


Then my next goal was to get my hair cut. I had a shower late the night before and when I woke up - well my THICK, straight hair was ALL OVER. So I managed to find someone (Doug) who could cut my hair at 4 PM.

This worked out OK since we were all meeting for dinner at 5:30 PM at a fish restaurant at The Market. Yes - I had chowder and fish and chips. Yum - at this point - I will pretty much eat anything!!!!   OK - within reason. Oh yes - even had some calamari which I won't eat at home, but this was nice and fresh. Not much of a taste - just deep fried with sauce, but I ate it none the less.


Then we took cabs back to the campground. Too tired to walk any more after walking around all day. Oooops - forgot - I managed to snag TWO geocaches while in Saint John. I have to keep up with Ronda who hit the Atlantic Provinces a couple of weeks ago - all but Newfound Land.


Waiting for the cab to come back to camp



Then since it was still early - we decided to have a camp fire.


Spencer pkaying the guitar


This is Diana from Brooklyn.


Getting the fire started

Frank collecting kindling for the fire


Yes - I was there as well. That is me on the left. OK - I look like a DORK!!!!!


Bringing more seats to the camp fire



All of us at the campfire

Then we got into another discussion about feet. Yes - everyone's feet stink. I did manage to get some spray and powder for my feet and they feel BETTER.

Diane was getting Scott to check her feet!!!!


Then we had the discussion about who could actually smell their feet. And look what Bruce can do.................

Bruce can actually touch his nose with his toe!!!!!



George collecting wood for the fire

Then the discussion turned to the new purchases everyone had made.............

Scott got FANCY shoes for $5


Brian with his $10 watch!!!!!

Let's not forget the important stuff of the day. Yes - we do have to clean our bikes cause the weather isn't that great!!!!   And lots of grit on the road.

Brian cleaning his bike

At night we have to lock up the bikes and cover them. George has a garage for his bike!!!!!

George's garage



After we decided to go to bed - it started to POUR. It poured ALL NIGHT and although I was tired and ready to have a great sleep - I even put in ear plugs - my subsonscious worried about the pouring rain ALL NIGHT. I barely slept - well I think I barely slept. I even slept in this morning to 6:37 which got me all screwed up, but I managed to get myself together.


OK - going to download the stats and do todays' riding in another blog.


Have a great day!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment