Wednesday, May 4, 2016

All in a day's work...

The big question is how long is the day?  I'm not even going to go into details, but suffice it to say that it was a LONG LONG day.  

I started off by quilting a quilt for our booth at Spring Market.  I didn't take a picture of it, but it was lap sized.  

Then off to work to realize that our main sewist is out sick. Oh boy - that is NOT good.  ACK!   OK  well, let's see what needs to be done and so I spent the entire day cutting 14-inch squares of this gorgeous fabric called Naturescapes   (from Northcott).  The problem is that I want to make something from it. 

Oh wait, I'm making something out of it!  OK - well I want to make something for me!

I cut and cut and cut and cut and I managed to get all the squares cut.  Some of them got sewn and some of them got turned inside out. The squares are part of our display wall.   

At last, it was time to go home where I proceeded to quilt another quilt for the display.  This time a smaller one, but took as long as the lap sized from the morning as the pattern was denser. 

Another wall hanging
Then back to the squares which I took home as we are on a very tight deadline. The crate needs to be packed ONE WEEK from today.  No need to panic - we'll just do what we can do. 

Then I had one more item to quilt before calling it a day and this was a bit of a weird one - it's technically a BIG square that was made from two panels back to back. 

I didn't want to do it on the domestic machine and so I figured out how to load it on the long arm and it worked out just fine! 

Quilting a premade square on the long arm

Let's just say that I iced my knee through the night, had it elevated and the swelling has gone way down.  Good thing as I have a follow-up visit with the surgeon tomorrow and the swelling better be down!

And today the process starts all over again.  My car is packed - extra ironing board, big sewing machine, loads of fabric and accessories - I need to go out and unload.

So here is my story about Tim's this morning.  I went for breakfast and the Tim's I go to requires that you make a big circle.  As you leave the window, you may end up back to the incoming circle.  No big deal, people just leave some space and you go through.  As I exited, this big truck with a smug woman drove up and right up to the vehicle behind her so she blocked my way.  I waited patiently for the line to advance and she could leave a space for me to pass through.  OH NO - as soon as she could - she pulled forward further blocking me.  SERIOUSLY?????   I laid on my horn - several times.  No reaction from her.  I have to say that the air was a tad blue in my car.  What was her problem???  Not that it would have cost her anything to leave a smidgen of space as there were about 8 cars in front of her so she had to wait.     All I can say is that the world is full of arrogant, STUPID people who have no respect.

On that note - I'm out of here.  Loads of stuff to do today!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment