Thursday, May 26, 2016

Sewing clothes

I loaded pictures on the internet for the blog post today, but then something else more exciting came up!

I'm not sure if I should name the culprit, but SOMEONE posted a note on Facebook indicating that The Great British Sewing Bee was once again being aired.  I'm not sure if any of you watched this show when it first came out in 2013.  Season One was four episodes and I watched it and absolutely LOVED the four episodes.

The Great British Sewing Bee
(I believe there is a book and the above picture is the cover).  Check out this link and you'd be amazed at what books are for sale.


The premise is that eight home sewists are competing for the title of Britain's best home sewist. The sewists get three challenges in each episode - make something from a pattern, modify a ready-to-wear garment and make a garment to fit a real model. Two people go home at the end of each episode.

For some reason, after Episode one, I stopped watching the program.  Like I've mentioned, watching TV (never on the home TV), and rarely on the internet just isn't my thing.  Well after Cynthia (ooops - I mentioned her name!) posted that a new season of The Great British Sewing Bee was happening - well I decided to watch again.  I've watched the first two episodes of Season One - yes depsite the fact that I know who won, it doesn't matter. I'm really enjoying them.

Now here's the bad part - I'm thinking I NEED to sew clothes for myself.  I know - give my head a BIG BIG shake.  Where is this coming from????   I know - when I was home all those years, clothes weren't all that important and technically, I don't need any for work, but it would be nice to have something a bit dressier than golf shirts - at least part of the time.

Oh gosh - help me and do NOT let me loose in Fabricland!  I could use our cottons, but I'm not that into ironing clothes, so I need something that doesn't require ironing!!!!   Hmm - well - you never know what I will end up with. Is there a support group that I can join?

Here is the link to the four episodes for Season One   (they are an hour each)

Espisode One

Episode Two

Episode Three

Episode Four


Now if that isn't enough to get you excited, you MUST check out my blog post today for the Husqvarna Viking Designer EPIC.  You will NOT believe some of the features of this sewing machine.  My god - what am I doing at work?  I need to be home sewing!!!!

And here's the other thing that is driving me crazy.  While I was winding down last night, I decided to check out clothing styles for the over 50 crowd.  Good grief - why would they show clothing for the older crowd on young models????   Seriously - I'm not even going to link to the Pinterest pictures - some of the stuff I saw was ridiculous. Obviously, people are NOT categorizing this stuff properly.  However it would appear that pants and skirts are narrow in the shape (I'm OK with that), but you can have fun with the tops.  I don't have any fun tops.  Now you see why I want to make clothes. And they will be different than anyone else's!

On that note, I'm going to lock myself in a room or cut up my credit card.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the sewing bee. I have a daughter in England and this program is what got her interested in sewing. I bought her a machine and within weeks, she was a quilter!!! How happy do you think that makes me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I'd be jumping up and down if that were my daughter! So glad she has developed an interest in sewing! the program (as all British shows) is very well done. Now to find that Episode 2 of season 2.

      Delete