Monday, April 1, 2019

A bittersweet day

It's already the last day of our five-day retreat. While it seems like we've been here for a long time, it seems to have flown by as well. I would like one more day, but it's time to go home! I have a ton of things to do this week and I really need to get focused. Not that I can't here, but you know how it is.

I had an excellent sleep last night. Of course, I was in bed by 9 PM with the lights out and didn't hear a thing when the others went to bed. Even though I had a cat nap in the afternoon, I was tired because of the caffeine-crazed sleep or lack thereof the previous night. I've been up for a while, got the fire going to take the chill off the sewing room and my oatmeal is merrily cooking on the stove. Just when you get settled into a routine, it's time to go!

I've got the last border for the magazine quilt cut and ready to sew on. Do you think I can find my tape measure?? Oh - I just realized where it is. In the bag that's in the bedroom. Have to wait for my roomie to wake up for I can get to it. No worries, she's not a super late sleeper.

I also made great progress in one of my class quilts. It's so cute and has 3-D embellishments on it. I did get some of those done and learned a few things about stabilizers.

I had to make a run to Fabricland for a stabilizer and we did a Tims run at the same time. I tried out their new Apple Cinnamon Fog tea. Hmm - I never drink my tea with milk in it, but this was really, really good. I bet it was laden with sugar, but we can't find the nutrition information on the internet.

I've had a wee bit more sugar than I normally would at home. Someone brought those silly Easter eggs wrapped in foil. And left them on the table! I should have nixed those! But seriously, it's nice to see that we're all eating much healthier and we WANT to. That doesn't mean that we're not eating a few things we shouldn't - just overall, much healthier meals and snacks. I'm all for that especially when we're sitting around not doing much of anything.

My FitBit isn't happy as the last couple of days, it really hasn't seen much action. My totals for this week are going to be bad. I did not bring boots with me so it's been a bit impossible to get out and go for a walk once the snow hit. Next time - bring boots!!!

I should take some time this morning or maybe I'll do it later this afternoon when I'm quilting a quilt, but I need to make a list of what I have to accomplish this week so I can start checking things off. I don't want to go there right now! Yes - I could have done more while I was here, but - well - it's OK. I work well under pressure!

Let's hope that this is the last hurrah of winter. I tell you - the snow is very pretty here, but I can do without it now. It's April and it's time for spring. We did get a wee bit more snow last night, but nothing to speak off - just enough to make it messy outside.

I think that's it for today. Oh - I had three distinct dreams last night and obviously, I remember them all. I forgot to bring up the humidifier and my nose is very dry. So one of them was going to physio and I got a hydrating face steamer for my face. I don't know what you call that thing but you put it over your face and it has steam in it. The other was related to my toenail. Somewhere along the line last year, I damaged my toenail and it's almost grown out. It was a bit scratchy last night and in my dream, the physio cut my toenail! Actually, it's the person I see for massage so I must have thought I was at the spa!!!  How silly!

Anyway - the oatmeal is almost cooked. I hear people up but haven't seen anyone yet. I may grab my oatmeal and my book and start that list.

Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment