Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Quilt in a Day

There's nothing like a deadline to get you moving!

I had designed a quilt for a magazine and there was supposed to be loads of time to get the fabric and get the quilt off. However, a few things happened along the way (totally out of my control) that made making that deadline an impossible task. Everyone involved had been alerted weeks ago.

I got a call yesterday that the fabric had finally arrived and I picked up the fabric at 1 PM yesterday.

To make a long story short, the quilt is on the frame and ready to quilt at 9 AM this morning. Thankfully, the quilt isn't too big (52" square) and the blocks are fairly easy to make. Remember how I was working on the embroidery when we were at the CreativFestival? Well, it appears that I can't count. I needed FIVE blocks of embroidery, not FOUR. So I had to stitch one more yesterday, but with the Husqvarna Viking Designer EPIC running at full speed, the block was done within about a half hour!!!

So I'll be custom quilting the quilt this morning with the hopes of getting it to the drop off by 3 PM this afternoon so it can be shipped overnight tonight and will arrive only two days late in the US. That's the plan.

By the way - YES - I did get some sleep and even managed to get in a trip to the grocery store and an hour-long massage after I picked up the fabric. Pushing to get it done today will make my life easier than trying to ship it tomorrow.

I have to say that I plugged in an audiobook and honestly, I didn't even notice the time pass. Before I knew it, the top was done, the backing was made and the binding was prepped. Now how did that happen? An audiobook is a great way to distract oneself when under a deadline.

I should show you my two sets of earbuds. One I like and was a relatively inexpensive pair. The more expensive pair is very uncomfortable.

I don't have a lot of time this morning - only because I was going to post something else and I worked on that and well, I don't have all the pictures so I put that on hold.

I can't wait for this quilt to be delivered today as I have a lot of other things that I've been neglecting, but this one has the urgent deadline. The rest of the stuff can wait until I get home from dropping off the quilt.

OH - I did make it to Monday and got some sewing (hand applique) done. I never even thought to take a picture. See - I'm totally focused and totally out of sorts this morning.

Catch you tomorrow. Have a super day!!!!


Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment