Friday, April 12, 2019

It's all about the bike!


While I haven't been out on my bike yet this year, that doesn't mean that I don't think about my bike!

OR bicycle fabric!

Margaret mentioned that she was bringing the "scarf" fabric with her. What the heck was she talking about? I remember we chatted about fabric that could be used for an infinity scarf, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what the print was. She had purchased it for me at a Fabricland in Eastern Canada.

AHA - I got the fabric yesterday. Oh - this will make a blouse! OMG - did you see what I wrote? A blouse - not a shirt! Well - same thing!

Bicycle fabric


And it comes in positive/negative!!!


Comes in two colors

Isn't that the best thing ever????   I was very excited when I saw it because - well it was like Christmas.

I'm not sure how I would stay warm in fabric like that, but I'm going to try. I need sweaters - big sweaters! I was freezing most of yesterday in the International Center as we did the set-up. The wind was bitter, the temperature was hovering near zero and the doors were open! Today will be just the opposite - warm outside, doors closed and no wind. What weather!

But back to the bicycle fabric and the article that I read recently on sustainability. The reason for making clothes is to make things that are PERFECT for us, not close to PERFECT, but perfect. I have several patterns that I want to try out. I'll be working on those once this mad rush of sample making goes away. After next week, things will calm down a wee bit. I don't mind to be busy, but when I have to be away, well that throws a monkey wrench in my plans. But I'm thinking about how to maximize my time while I'm away. I've got a plan because I still have class prep to do.

The set-up went fine yesterday, but my brain is spinning with tons of ideas. And more samples to make!

Back home where I zipped upstairs to work on my UFO project. I'm happy to report that I finished ONE of the two blocks that are on my list. I made good progress on the second one as well and I see no reason why I can't be done for Sunday morning. I might have to finish on Sunday morning, but I'll be done!

The only bad thing about yesterday - I got mixed up when I ordered my Tim's and thus I got a decaf coffee, not a decaf tea. Oh well. That's why I was cold all day!!!

On that note, I'm out of here. It looks like I'll be in the PFAFF booth so if you get a chance, stop by and say HI. The CreativFestival runs today and tomorrow at the International Center. I see some of the Trendtex challenges are on display so if you're not going to Ottawa to Quilt Canada, this is the place to see them.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment