Friday, April 5, 2019

Leaving on a jet plane


Holy smokes - where's the time going? I need about three more days in each week!

I sent a whole whack of e-mails the other day from a different window than Outlook and I find out today that NONE of them went through. GRRR!  Now to remember who I sent the e-mails to.

I spent the entire day making samples. I did OK, but still a huge pile to make. But what I have will have to do. I can talk up anything that's missing. And once those samples are made, then it'll be to make more creative "step 2" samples. Am I learning? Oh boy!  I'm learning that I LOVE the embroidery software. I love the options, I love the possibilities.

What else do I love? The connectivity. I updated my embroidery software yesterday on the computer (the two embroidery machines are already updated automatically through the Wi-Fi!) Now my computer can send files to the embroidery machines, my phone can send files (yes - I can create embroidery designs on my phone!) and they all talk to one another.

I just hope they don't talk about me when I'm not there!!

The technology has sure changed from my 3 ½" floppy disk many years ago.

I needed a break yesterday and went for a long walk.

In the midst of making all those samples, my child wanted me to search for something which I found and will be taking with me. That should be a hint where I'm going.

I had to pack clothes, electronics and a suitcase full of samples. I've never traveled on a plane with so much stuff! I hope I don't forget that I have a checked suitcase when I land. I splurged and upgraded myself - it's a long enough flight according to DH. If I wasn't so frazzled, I probably would NOT have done that. At least I won't have to pay for my checked luggage. That was an expensive way around that little issue.

On top of that, it was guild night last night. We had Karen Cole - a long arm quilter. It was interesting and I must say that I learned a thing or two. She had some interesting quilts that she had quilted and she does everything freehand  - no pantos! I'd be lost without the pantos!

My desk looks like a tornado went through here. I have a small (thankfully) stack of URGENT stuff to go through when I'm back. I MUST make time to get it done. But there's not a lot of time between when I get home and the next event although that one is in town so that's a good thing.

If you're in the area, plan to come to the Creative Festival on April 12 and 13. I'll be in the Husqvarna Viking or the PFAFF booth. Not sure which one. Could be both.

I still have a few things to throw in the suitcase before I leave so I'd better get that done.

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am chuckling. I got a notice from Castles a few weeks ago telling me that you would be doing a couple of classes/presentations this weekend and was wondering when you would mention that you were getting on a jet plane to the west coast? And if you were going to be visiting with M? I see today, that you are really heading this way. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosyquiilter!!! Yes - I should announce some of that sooner, but the invites to those events is controlled by the shop! Of course, I might help! Thanks - I’m looking forward to the events. And what’s with the rain? I had to buy an umbrella yesterday

      Delete