Saturday, April 13, 2019

A surprise


One of the things I love about using the courier system to send/receive packages is that you get a notification that something is coming or when something arrives.

I recently used some fabric from Riley Blake Designs for a magazine quilt. The fabric and the resulting quilt are so darn cute. That was one of the boxes that I received from them a while back. That quilt is already made and delivered. Then I got a notification that I was receiving another package from Riley Blake Designs? Oh, what's in here as I hadn't ordered anything more?

AHA - turns out it is the challenge fabric for the Modern Quilt Guild Riley Blake challenge. I had tried to get in on that, but it was completely full by the time I got my name on the list. However, it turns out that I did, in fact, get my name on the list and one of the fat eighth bundles is for me!!!  Awesome.

Then I was getting a notification about yet another package from Riley Blake Designs. Hmm - what could this one be? Oh my gosh - it's the cutest!!!!

Table runner kit from Riley Blake Designs

It's a table runner kit using Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage collection. I LOVE her stuff. Comes in a cute little box and I can't wait to cut into that!

But WAIT!!!  I have a day job and that's consuming my time today and this coming week.

We had a super busy day at the CreativFestival. Well up until about 3 PM when I was finally able to take lunch. Thanks to all who stopped by the booth to say HI or ask questions. I'm sorry I didn't get to chat with everyone - I tried to wave if I saw you! I'm not sure what the future of the CreativFestival is - this one is a mere shadow of what it used to be.

There are some shockingly low prices in the PFAFF booth and it makes me want to buy a machine even when I don't need one. Especially the high-end embroidery machine. It's practically a steal. We had some of the Passport 3.0 at the beginning of the day and they were gone by lunchtime. I answered questions about the sewing/embroidery machines and was quite surprised by how knowledgeable I was even though I'm somewhat new to this line.

Of course, there was the usual learning curve, but once I got over a couple of small details, I was fine.

I popped over to see someone in the booth beside us and had a chat and found something that I"m going to buy today. I'll tell you all about the store and show you what I'm buying tomorrow. Won't cost much and it's something that I've been wanting - well part of it!

I left a few minutes early at the end of the day so I could make sure that I would get to my class at 7 PM and not sure what the traffic was going to be like. The traffic yesterday was light - both in the morning and in the evening. Now how did that happen??

Anyway, made it to class on time. I've got pictures and I'll be posting them in the next couple of days.

I was a wee bit tired when I finally got home at 9:30. Straight to bed and then woke up in the night with a blocked sinus. Don't you hate when that happens?? The only way to unblock it is to sit up! Thankfully it cleared quickly and I was back to sleep.

The blog is short and sweet this morning. I didn't get a chance to work on any of my homework this morning like I hoped and I imagine I'm going to be tired tonight so it's all going to rest on getting the block done by 11 AM tomorrow! I don't think I'll have any trouble at all.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment