Saturday, April 6, 2019

Travel Day - Part Three

I wandered around some more and went into a couple of clothing shops. Not that I’m a big clothes shopper, but it was something to do. I bought a nice pair of black pants. You can never go wrong with black pants and I don’t really have dress pants that fit me anymore. Everyone here wears short pants - flood pants I suppose. Well - probably back home too, but I’m never in the shopping malls or clothing stores.

I also had to buy an umbrella. It started to rain at some point and while I hated to buy the umbrella, the alternative of getting wet wasn’t fun. It’s a small folding one so I’ll just keep it in my suitcase for future rainy days. I remember going into those souvenir shops years ago - same shops - just different stuff.

I hung around downtown until M finished school and then I got to pick her up and we drove to her apartment. Just like old times when I picked her up from high school! It was great fun. Easy to get to her place from the school. And we drove along W. Hastings - holy cow, there’s one section that is terrible. The homeless are lined up on the street like concert goers waiting to buy tickets. It’s a huge problem along that street. Unbelievable. I was driving so I didn’t get to see much.

I think I ended up doing over 15,000 steps yesterday! I was tired, but we didn’t go to bed too early - it was late by my time. Oh - and we took Little Bear for a walk as well. The weather could be warmer, but I’m not complaining. Funny to see the lights on the ski runs on Grouse Mountain (I was there years ago as well) and then see tulips about to bloom and the cherry blossoms are almost done. The patio near M’s apartment has cherry trees and the ground was white (or pinkish) with the fallen petals which then stuck to our shoes!!!

Little Bear is just that - little. I can’t find him on the couch in the dark but he’s here somewhere.

On that note, I’m just reviewing my notes for today one more time. The more I review, the more I remember and less needy of my script. So much to remember, but oh - so cool to play with the embroidery software.

As I’m typing on my iPad, I’m realizing that everytime I fly, I never turn on the AIRPLANE mode on the iPad. Yikes - I should do that!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!

Sorry - I didn’t proof the posts today so hopefully the grammar wasn’t too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment