Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!!

I have a class at my house this weekend - Introduction to the Long Arm. I am going to throw a big piece of muslin on the machine for them to play with. I'll use some of those batting pieces for the batting (I am blowing through that batting in the closet!!!) but I wanted something very cheap for the backing. Not cheap in quality, but cheap in price.

YES - I could have hit my stash, but I needed 4.5 meters and I didn't want to give up any of MY fabric for this class. I know - I am a tad too possessive of that fabric stash!!!!

A quick trip to Ruti's - my local quilt store. I dash in - and shout - I NEED THE CHEAPEST FABRIC YOU HAVE. The store is quite small and was busy. Anyway the girls said they had a great deal for me - downstairs $5 a BOLT. They had a bunch of stuff they were trying to clear out. I practically fell down the stairs as I rushed to see what goodies awaited me.

OH OH - I'm in trouble.

Bottom line - I left the store and STAGGERED to my car which fortunately was right out front.

The result of SEX (stash enhancing experience)
 Plus I got four new patterns I had ordered and  a small swatch of fabric to test with that Etchings fabric line for the Border Creek Mystery (the second one I want to make)


This was NOT on sale, but I got three meters cause I LOVE it

This was ON SALE - sorry - if you like any of it - you can't have it cause I bought it all. Well maybe I could sell it to you!!!!

Don't quote me on that price if you are going to go. I think it was one of those "you had to be there moments". The girls were trying to tidy up and had so much to deal with. But if you sweet talk to them - you might get some kind of deal. Oh yes - did you notice that bottom right fabric (shot cotton by Kaffe Fassett!!!!!! and I have a GOOD use for that and it will NOT be a quilt backing)


Back at the long arm and got another quilt done.

Customer quilt


Marian came over so we could work on a project. I purchased a kit for her in the summer from The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw, Sask. I had purchased the pattern several years ago - when it was still a pattern. Now it is the cover quilt on the book - Tis The Season. We decided to set aside Tuesdays in November to get the quilt done. And when we had our little road trip with the owners of The Quilt Patch last week - we added to the kit for two reasons - ONE - we both want to make the quilt and TWO - we both want to make it bigger. So we got Jeanne and Shelley to help pick out the extra fabrics.

Marian got ALL the green squares cut.

Green squares - all 162 of them  - enough for TWO quilts

This is what the pattern looks like although I don't think ours will look quite like that. 
We went through my fabric buckets and Marian took part of the kit fabric home to search through her stuff. Oh yes - we have some cool ideas to dress this up!!!!!!

Now I have to lay out the green squares so I can sew them together. That means I have to make space on the design wall.


Now you know how obsessive I can get. Well it appears that mystery quilts are my current thing. I have always loved mystery quilts. OK - let me rephrase that. It took me a while to warm up to them, and there are some I won't touch, but lots I like.




The other night I was busy and got my Border Creek Station mystery UP TO DATE.




The EVIDENCE from Border Creek Mystery - Installment One


And good thing too because the next clue was available yesterday. 

Border Creek Mystery - Clue 2

So far - a lot of cutting, but that is OK by me. 




SPOILER ALERT - I am going to show pictures from The Quilt Patch mystery so if you don't want to see - you will have to skip the next picture. 












And I thought I had better get started on the mystery from The Quilt Patch. So here is the result of Clue 1


Clue one of The Quilt Patch mystery


And good thing because I am now sitting with Clue 2 to do and just got Clue 3 in the mail yesterday. Yikes - better get busy.

Clue 2 - Snow Country - The Quilt Patch mystery


While working on this mystery I got to thinking about the other mysteries from The Quilt Patch. After a quick search, I discovered.........................

Not one (almost finished)

Not TWO

But THREE mysteries!!!!!

OK - that is BAD. The packages are open - the clues are inside and all the fabric. I had better get my butt in gear and get them done.

One of the quilts on the design wall is the result of a mystery - just needs to be sewn together and borders added.

And then all hell broke loose because I am following the mystery on This n That. They are cute little projects and don't take a lot of time (OK - so I have to finish the Halloween one). But here is the next one - already started.


The start of This & That Monday Mystery #2
 Now I think with this next one I have completely flipped out. I think EVERYONE is familiar with Bonnie Hunter and Quiltville. The lady is the queen of scrap quilts and I am not sure why I haven't really kept up to date with her since I ADORE scrap quilts. I think she has THREE books out and I do not have any of them!!!!     Anyway I was talking to someone two days ago and they mentioned that Bonnie's new mystery was going to start on November 1. I checked out the web site - got the info, printed it out and I am ready to roll!!!!!   The first clue doesn't come out until November 18 - we just need to get our scraps together (already done!!!)  for this quilt.

Part One of Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt


I love what she says in the instructions - she does INTENSE PIECING - LOTS OF PIECES - MANY OF THEM SMALL. Hmmmm - that woman sounds like ME!!!!!!!  Oh yes and the sign she is holding in the picture says THOU SHALT NOT WHINE. I gather she has had a LOT of feedback in the past.


I still have some other mysteries that are partly completed (go figure!!!).


This one (by Debby Caffrey) just needs the final border


You see - I do have a disease. I have no clue what I will ever do with all these quilts and I don't really care, but I just LOVE to sew. I could sew all day.

And on that note - I am going to sew/quilt all day!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment