Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What NOT to wear!!!!

Managed to get another customer quilt done. This was a big one. It looks awesome - will be delivered today.


Customer quilt




Are you familiar with the TV show - What not to wear???   I watched it a couple of times several years ago - still haven't broken my "vow of TV silence" and no desire to do so either. Anyway - I remember from this show that Stacy London and Clinton Kelly would walk around and grab a "victim". All prearranged of course (I hope). But one show, I remember they stopped a woman in the mall and literally cut her pants off of her because they were ill fitting. (Hmmmmm - what would they have done if she was COMMANDO or wearing a cute little thong????????)

Not that I have had any major weight loss - I seem to aim for 1 pound every 6 months!!!  How is that for slow. If I keep this up - I will reach my ideal weight by the time I am 80!!!!!   Don't do the math - I just picked a number!!   However my jeans have been getting a tad loose and particularly baggy in the bum. Should I buy new pants? should I keep these (oh - they are so comfy!!!!)

I had to pop into Mark's to get hiking socks the other day. While in there, I got some amazing hiking socks. I bought two pair in hopes that I would like them and when I wore them out the other night (more on that story later) - they were awesome!  Actually bought another pair of these heat socks and they have already been confiscated by a certain teenager!!!!

The socks I managed to KEEP

The socks that got confiscated!!!!


Happiness is - a nice pair of warm, dry socks!!!!!!   But I digress.....

I see that pants are on sale - 30%. Hmmmm - what should I buy?  Black jeans, brown jeans, faded jeans, light coloured jeans - too many options. Well - I start by checking the size and eliminating those BLUE jeans that are  somewhat like dress pants. I mean - I like the traditional Levis style of jeans. I grab a couple of pair in "my" size. Run into the fitting room and quickly shuck off the loose fitting jeans. There are LOTS of advantages to loose fitting jeans and that is one of them. I pull on the pair of jeans. WHOA - wait a minute!!!!!  This is NOT good. While the size fits perfectly, I am NOT into those low waist pants. Holy cow - while I work out, I am strong, but not toned. And that ROLL over the top of those hipster pants - well just say that they quickly went back onto the shelf!!!!!

The next pair fit just fine - still a bit low in the waist, but at least high enough to keep things tucked in!!!!   Yikes!!!  And the "good" news of this all - I bought pants that were TWO sizes smaller than the ones I have on. Now is that really an indication of weight loss or just the sizes getting bigger?????  I don't trust these pant makers!!!!

And now the big decision - do I get rid of the comfy pants or hang on just in case?????  Well the right thing to do would be put the comfy pants in the give away bin. Get out the smaller pants and keep working on that 1 pound per 6 months weight loss.

Honestly it is so hard to know whether you are gaining or losing anyway. The fluctuation in a SINGLE day can be as high as FIVE pounds. How the heck do I know where I stand when I am dealing with that????   Yes - I know - go for the same time each day.


Yesterday was Halloween and the girls dressed up at Monday Motivators.......

Flo (our bridge fanatic) as a deck of cards

Marian made a rare appearance and wore her Halloween socks



Drat - I have Halloween socks and completely forgot about them. I also forgot about my Halloween shirt that Ronda purchased for me. I had the darn thing sitting out and I completely forgot about it. Too rushed when leaving the house.


Baby Robbie in his cow costume
Oh yes - we even have babies at Monday Motivators!!!!!


However a few of us did get the message at least on WHAT TO WEAR!!!!1


The shade of orange of the three shirts on the left were almost identical!!!!  That is ME second from the left. See those damn ill fitting pants!!!!!!


In light of trying to get more toned and not be in so much pain when Alwin FORCES me to do those 100 leg lifts, I am trying to do more at home. I got out the yoga mat. Well let`s just say that at least someone is using the mat!!!!!


Sparky enjoying a quiet meditative moment on the yoga mat!!!!



Life is all about fun and games!!!!!!    And every day there is something crazy that comes up!!!!  


Well on that note - have a great day!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment