Friday, February 27, 2015

Paper paper paper!!!!


Ack - I just can't get ahead of the paperwork game!  I will try - I will really try, but I know it isn't going to happen for a while. I should try to throw out or deal with five pieces a day?  I know that won't work either. I am going to have to get up one morning with nothing to do (oh - there is the first problem!) and then purge purge purge!!!!

With clothes or kitchen stuff - it is easy to say NOPE - I don't like it or YEP - I like it. But with paper - well I might need that information, I have to process the information, then I have to find a spot to file it.  I guess the best thing for me would be to create files for everything without giving the content too much thought. Then when LIKE THINGS ARE TOGETHER, I can go through a folder one by one, I could evaluate what I want to keep.  Oh yes - OK - I am going to keep that in mind and try to file some stuff every day. Like things together - then purge! I think I can do that!!!!

Yesterday was Thursday Therapy. Another GREAT day of sewing, except that I forgot to pick Linda up!  DUH - it wasn't until about 10 AM that I remembered that I was supposed to pick her up. ACK - how did I manage that?  I had a lot of stuff on my mind that morning and that probably was the cause!

I went to see Still Alice earlier this week and this woman's early on-set Alzheimers is pretty scary, but I'm attributing this "lost memory" to a busy brain!  If you haven't seen the movie - I would recommend that you go. You will cry - take tissues.


I have learned that I am incapable of taking just one project to sewing days. Nope - I take several and why do I do that???  Because I am trying to fill my basket or whatever container I happened to be using that day!!!!

The bigger the container - the more I take!!!

Container of hand work!!!


Oh there are a couple of things in there that I brought home (donations from others).  But I did get some trimming done, I did get some tracing done for fusible applique, I got the snaps sewn on that jacket so that will never have to go back. I sorted out another project and got some cutting done.  Oh yes - I was very productive - now I just need a day where I can actually sew to get that stuff together.

The interesting thing about our sew days - you NEVER know what people will be working on. Remember Mary's itty bitty fabric swatch from a couple of weeks ago????


Shoot - that sample was so tiny - I can't seem to find the picture!

Anyway - Mary was working on some banners for her daughter's wedding shower!  I think the blues are a perfect match!!!  Since I can't find the swatch - we'll never know!

Banners for wedding shower

Anita's gorgeous cushion cover!!!




I see so many people coming and practicing their free motion.   They are pretty smart when you think about it.  Go to the class, get the information, then come to sew days and should they have a question or two - I am there to help them out!!!!!   Yep - that is why these sewing days were started!!!   And you should see how far some of these ladies have come with the quilting. I think it is time to step up the size of projects or the intensity of the quilting!  But seriously - the improvement is incredible!  Just goes to show you how practice and feedback are two CRITICAL learning tools.


Well I have a "free" hour this morning and I have two things to do - one of them involves paperwork so I had better get to it before I get side tracked onto something else.

Have a great day! - Stay warm!  (even me - who is generally optimistic all the time - I am getting a bit tired of the cold!!!   At least the sun is out and that makes me happy!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment