Monday, February 23, 2015

And more show n tell.......................


It has been a totally crazy day.  I managed to get some critical paperwork done, but it took way longer than I planned. Like everything. Then I made EXCELLENT progress on a couple of critical projects. However I am not at liberty to share any of it with you at this time.  The projects are for QUILTSocial and I think you are going to be impressed. I have been holding my breath a LOT today as the embroidery machine chugged away and I am so EXCITED with the results. Just wait until you see!!!!!

But I was also ripping and ripping as I tried to get a quilt top together. There was one part that I wasn't happy with, but I thought I might get away with it. However M came downstairs and said NO. And I agree - so tomorrow - rip rip rip!   It won't take that long to fix, but I don't have a lot of time to fix things. I need to keep moving!!!

Anyway - here is the show n tell.

The first quilt is Amish with a Twist Series Two. This is a monthly class at Sew Sisters.

Amish with a Twist Series Two

A large number of participants are making the quilt from the kit so rather than have them all put up the same blocks and get them get mixed up - we have ONE set from the kit (on the left) and the rest are those that are making the quilt with different fabrics. Someone even fussy cut the centers of the stars. Darn - I should have gotten a close-up! Next month!


Show n tell for Amish with a Twist

They had to make 12 of those little star blocks. Looks easy, but they are only 5 inches so a bit fiddly.  A great looking lot of blocks!!!!!   Easy to tell which values work best. A couple of those will be remade - the ones on the extreme right - the top grayish one was a first attempt. It was scrapped for the other three underneath.

Mary brought in her Amish with a Twist (the original) for show n tell.  Drat - she finished the applique!!!  I've got to get my butt in gear!!!!   And notice that Mary used white for her background! Awesome job! .

Amish with a Twist - the original. 
 Both of these patterns are by Nancy Rink

Next up was Tiny Town by Bunny Hill
Tiny Town by Bunny Hill


Some of the class got a little over excited and made the entire block instead of just the small section we needed to make this month!  But they look amazing!!!!!   I will try to get close-ups of them next month when the entire Block One is complete.

Block One (or parts thereof)

A latecomer to the class

Let's just say that they are going to have loads of fun with this quilt. There is so much room for embellishment and personalizing. Oh yes - I can just see the changes coming!!!!   And the techniques - many are doing it by hand - we have fussy cut flowers, hand embroidery, needleturn - lots of very creative stuff. I'll be better with the camera next month.

We also had some extra show n tell and I didn't get pictures of that either. I am slipping!

When I did get a chance to come up for air, I saw a beautiful cardinal in the backyard at the feeder. I went to grab the camera and get closer to take a picture and WHAT????   What is that stupid squirrel doing climbing up the pole!!!!

Squirrel attempting to climb the pole
He went up and touched the seed bag that was hanging and then I never saw him again. Oh yes - I let Little Sammy out - maybe that is why!

I am happy to report that we haven't seen much of the squirrels lately. Not sure if they are discouraged???  Too cold???   The birds are around.

And guess who came back???   Yep - the cardinal.


Cardinal at the feeder

More birds swarming the bird feeder
I have to laugh because whenever I post to QUILTSocial which is more formal, although the posts for next week bordered on silly at some points, it is quite different to post formally and then casually especially when you go directly from one to the other.  The software is different, the way you edit is different, the way you load pictures is different, the way I write is somewhat different. Oh my brain is too tired to think now.

On that note - I am out of here.

Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment