Saturday, February 8, 2020

A slow day


Yep- it was a slow day yesterday. Not even sure why. No, I know why. I volunteered to help someone because the task they have at hand is very important - at least I think so. That errand took over 6 hours and I can't say that I came away with a warm and fuzzy feeling that things will change. I got home after 2 PM and I wasn't in the mood to do much after that.

I feel now that I should have taken a wee bit more control to ensure that we maximized the time, but we can't go back in time. Let's just move on and see what happens.

As a result, I didn't get much done. I did finish the two blocks for the Christmas Fig sew along, but I didn't have the energy to send out the e-mail. That's the FIRST thing on the list to do this morning. Sorry to all who are waiting with great anticipation to get that homework assignment. I'll share the pictures of the blocks on the blog tomorrow.

I did finish The Warehouse by Rob Hart. Hmmm - not sure I liked the way the book ended, but it sure gives one food for thought. I'm almost afraid to tell you what book I'm reading now, but the title brings to mind some very interesting concepts. It's called The Cult of Trump by Steven Hassan. I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the concept - it's just very thought-provoking and I'm going to leave it at that.

So has anyone completed a postcard yet? Remember for the Postcard Challenge for the Canadian Quilters Association. Sadly, my basket of stuff is still sitting on the table - untouched. But I have high hopes for today. There's a lot that I want to accomplish and I'm fired up. Take advantage of those days. The only thing - everything takes longer than you plan so what I want to get done and what I'll actually get done won't be the same, but as I said yesterday - ANY progress is better than no progress.

I did manage to get to a quilt store that on my route yesterday and I got fabric for the borders of my Stitcher's Garden quilt. I'm hoping those bright saturated greens are going to tone down the rest of the bright colors in the quilt.

Borders for Stitchers Garden


It works for me.

Back to the decluttering thing. Maybe I'll throw something on my want-to-do list today that has to do with decluttering this office. Or try to get a few more things arranged in the studios. I don't know if you followed that habit link I posted yesterday, but I followed one of the links to this decluttering site.   I watched the short video and I've pretty much got all the areas that he talks about under control. The junk drawer, the bedside table, etc. It's the office with its paper that is my downfall. OK - I'll try to get a bit done here today as well.

There are so many books, magazines, videos, etc. about decluttering. We KNOW what we have to do. So instead of watching videos or reading books - why not take the same amount of time and actually do some decluttering? Go for it!!!

I'm not sure if anyone participated in the Celtic Solstice challenge hosted by Northcott last year. Here's a link to the quilts that were submitted. Some of them are pretty darn creative! If you click on the first picture in the top left, you get the written comments submitted by the maker. Then use the arrows to flip through the quilts one at a time.

I shall leave you with that as I run upstairs to put on my cold weather (fleece-lined jeans) as it's coolish out this morning with a wind chill. But since I didn't go to the gym this morning, I need to get those steps in. And to keep you in the loop - I'm heading down that big hill into Kamloops on my Cross Canada walk and I'm on the outskirts of St. Louis for the Route 66 challenge. Progress!!!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!





2 comments:

  1. In yesterday's 3 declutter encounters, there were 2 stuffed manila envelopes. I went through every piece just now. Most paper into recycle, unlabeled/unrecognized photos in the trash, 3 80s concert tickets are on my bulletin board as a reminder of days gone by ;-), and the remaining back into 1 partially filled manila. I'll go through them again before our family reunion and make an envelope for each niece/nephew. They can keep or toss. Their choice. I am done with it all! Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing the Celtic solstice link. I had planned on doing a wall hanging last fall and had managed to get a Stonehenge panel and some yardage. Then I ran into mammogram problems, surgery and then radiation treatment. Needless to say my Stonehenge project did not make itself, but thanks to you, and the photo link, I am again inspired and will get back to it.

    ReplyDelete