Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Can you keep a secret?


We've all been asked to keep secrets. Sometimes, I think people tell you that something that is supposed to be a secret because they know you won't be able to keep quiet and that's how things slip out. I think for the most part if someone has asked me to keep something a secret, I keep my lips sealed. It's not my business to pass along someone else's news. 

I do think I'm pretty good at keeping secrets. Matter of fact, I bought something last summer and didn't tell a soul. It arrived last week and well - now you get to know my secret.

I don't normally get sucked into promotions, but this one tugged a wee bit at my heartstrings (OK - my WANTS) and well, I caved. What did I buy???

An orange sewing machine!


I know - a totally frivolous purchase, but when the opportunity came along, I couldn't say no. This was part of the prelaunch campaign for the new Husqvarna Viking DESIGNER EPIC 2 when it was announced last summer. There were three special order colors that you could buy. One of them was called Vivid Sunset. When else would you get this opportunity?

It finally arrived last week and I had no time to unpack it. I'm also lucky enough to be sitting in on a training course for the DESIGNER EPIC 2 sewing machine (yesterday and today) so I unpacked the new machine in the class. How cool is that?

While I do know a lot about this machine already, it doesn't hurt to go through it again. And now I'm getting ALL those little questions answered. I learned a few things yesterday and building a relationship with a new dealer so it's all good.

It's just hard (very hard) to sit still all day. It didn't help matters that I had been up way before the crack of dawn to get M to the airport. I was tired and I had no snacks!  But I survived and today is another day.

I had to do the latest update when we were in the class and get logged in and all is good. It likes me! I've never named my sewing machines. I can change the name in the sewing machine instead of it being called the DESIGNER EPIC 2. What the heck would I call it??  I might just leave it as is.


Signed into my new sewing machine


There are so many great things inside the mySewnet Blog. I wish I could stitch all the projects out. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to do everything I want.

Speaking of that, when I arrived home, look what I found in my mailbox. Ronda and I had so much fun making the small backpack that we decided we wanted to make the larger size. We are suckers for punishment. While I'm sure that you can make these with a regular sewing machine, the incredible piercing power of the DESIGNER EPIC 2 made quick work of going through all the layers. In some cases, we were going through three layers of foam and about 6 layers of fabric. The EPIC 2 (the loaner one I had) had no issues going through the layers.

I even took Nina's advice and bought the Out and About pattern. All arrived from Emmaline Bags in Alberta with cheap postage and within days. Highly recommend buying from Emmaline Bags.

New backpack pattern


The pattern is from ByAnnie.com. The only thing that irks me a wee bit with these patterns is that with both the small and the large backpack, that she's redone the pattern several times. There are now three versions of EACH. And NO - you won't' receive the latest one if you show them you have the earlier version. I sent an e-mail and while I didn't directly ask, I wasn't offered either. And I had to WRITE TWICE before I got an answer.

I get it that things need to be updated or changed, but the pattern NEVER should have gone out in the first place the way the original small backpack pattern was written. Then it was changed and changed yet again. To me, that isn't right. However, that's what happened. It mostly seems to be these backpack patterns.  I wonder why?  Ronda and I had to make changes as we made the small backpack with the original version of the pattern. There were places where we had to read and reread the pattern to figure out exactly what was supposed to happen.

I sure hope I won't encounter that in this pattern which is the latest.

Here's an article about decluttering. We all need to be paying attention to the advice in this column. Every single day!!  It's a really good article and if you're in that situation, then get RUTHLESS. Why do we think that someone is going to want this stuff?? Get rid of it now so your kids don't have to deal with it. I mean  - GET RID OF IT NOW. I'm working on it - I'm getting close, but not quite there. I still have eleven months to finish the office!

On that happy note, I'm out of here.

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!


2 comments:

  1. Decluttering is soooo important! I "had to" empty Mom's house in 1 day. We had a cash offer pending move in at 7d. I was grateful she had already been chipping away at it. Paperwork, checks etc from the 80s' still in her desk drawers.

    Everyone, love your children. Do it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said!!!! ONE DAY -- Oh boy! That would have been a painful day. Thankfully, she had been chipping away at it. Otherwise - it would have been - well - a very long day.

      Delete