And so begins another crazy week. Who was I kidding when I said August would be quiet! It's been the opposite of quiet, but I have had a few quiet moments in the gazebo, just hanging around doing jigsaw puzzles, etc.
Our weather has been so gorgeous here the last couple of days - the humidity was low, the temperature was moderate, and there was a slight breeze. I mean, what more could one possibly ask for in a summer day? The windows are open, and we're enjoying the summer!
Even though I was a tad busy throwing stuff into that suitcase, I decided to take some downtime and have a wee nap in the gazebo.
The suitcase weighs just under 50 lbs in case you are wondering, and that's just darn right heavy in my opinion. I booked it as an overweight suitcase just in case I was over. Thankfully, I can take THREE overweight suitcases with no extra charge, so all is good. I still need to pack my clothes, and I'm checking that in as well. No sense in carrying it on the plane if I don't need to. My office bag is heavy enough with all my electronics in it.
Anyway, back to the gazebo. It was just a glorious summer afternoon, and I enjoyed watching the fish. We really got lucky because those fish I bought had babies, which I've mentioned, but they seem to be growing like weeds. The two very visible ones on the left are the adults, but just in front of the black box, you can see an orange dot - that is a fairly decent-sized baby! And there are lots more. They enjoy hanging out under the lilies, so we never get to see many at a time. They are still skittish, so they disappear quickly when they spot us.
![]() |
| The fish enjoying the pond |
The setup in the pond is perfect - if the fish want to sun themselves, they have space for that, and if they need shade or protection from predators, they have that as well. It took a lot of effort to remove the lilies from that one side. They grow like weeds and threatened to take over the entire space.
And that waterfall - you just can't beat the sound of the waterfalls. We have three, and with my neighbor's loud one, it's almost like being at Niagara Falls. OK -- so that's an exaggeration, but you know what I mean.
![]() |
| One of our waterfalls |
When I'm back, I need to take some time and scrub the algae off the rocks. It's not a big deal, but I see more Rock Twister in my future!!!
Good grief -- we had a giant daddy long legs in the house this morning. I grabbed a sheet of paper and gently took him outside where he belongs! Murphy wasn't too happy, as she had to wait for the command to eat while I removed the spider!
![]() |
| A giant daddy longlegs |
Speaking of food, look at all the new candles at Michaels! Yep --- those are all food items, but LOOK at the candle in the back left of each photo! That's a candle in a white pie dish!!! OK -- so I already have two of them. I do NOT need another, but they are so darn cute, and, well, I need to make what I plan for the two I have before I even consider buying more.
![]() |
| Candles at Michaels |
Someone mentioned during sewing this morning that I need a puzzle intervention! Yep—I do, but I'm packing three of the recent ones I have assembled into my clothes suitcase, and they will be delivered to various people on my trip. I sent two or three to my SIL that I had done, and two of them went back to the thrift store. So I am making them and not keeping them. I may just not be getting rid of them as fast as I am accumulating them.
Note to self: NO more for a while.
But.....
NO!!!
While I didn't get done everything that I wanted to do, I got all the important stuff done. As mentioned, the rest I was planning to do was icing on the cake. I will manage just fine with my 50 lb suitcase! And all my technology.
We had a bit of company this afternoon, so I "wasted" some time visiting.
When I got back to work, I managed to clean (or mostly clear) the three sewing machine tables. And all the machines have been put to bed. At least this will look a bit more inviting when I return home. The tubs of stabilizers and boxes of threads are also back in their appropriate spots.
![]() |
| The machines are put to bed. |
![]() |
| My trusty companion |
As you can tell, I love these words of wisdom. I think they are great because they confirm how we feel and work, and they also remind us of things we could change.
Even if you are NOT in the market for a sewing/embroidery machine, come check it out. It's always fun to see the new stuff and dream about what we'd do if we won the lottery. Plus, it's a good chance to meet new people! You'll also see some samples and get inspiration for things you can make! Inspiration is always a good thing.
OMG—if I had stayed married to my first DH, I would be celebrating my 45th or 46th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Oh my --- that makes me sound very old!









Hmmmm we just had our 46th anniversary and we don't feel old🤣🤣 I asked hubster just this weekend, "what is old now that we are 65?" 🤣
ReplyDeleteSafe travels!!
Old is ten years older than I am, was always my mother’s reply.
DeleteMy 55th is coming up Sept 4th! Sometimes I think there should be a medal….!
ReplyDeleteMy 55th is in October! And I am grateful that I will probably be here for it! I came home yesterday from the hospital, where I had emergency gall bladder surgery. Because I was in the hospital, a bladder infection, that had gone into my blood, was caught. (No, I didn't have any pain from the UTI. I had no idea that I had an infection.)
ReplyDeleteWhen I am well, the first thing I want to do is clean out clutter, so I can navigate through the house better!
Today, my husband moved two bags into the car, so I can move around with my walker. Bless him!
Torry