Sunday, September 13, 2026

It's time for Show and Tell!!!

I'm so glad to see that it wasn't just me who saved their autograph book. I wish I had more autographs, but I wasn't the most popular girl at school, and being painfully shy, I wasn't about to ask people to write in the book. 

I was going to say that those books can likely be tossed upon our death. But WAIT --- I would hope that M would value the handwritten notes from the family at least. Maybe not my friends, but family? I'm not sure that my mom or dad wrote in it, but I have lots of their handwriting. I should take it and get them to write something in it. 

Yep -- handwriting - cursive. That secret code language of the "old" people!!

Speaking of relatives, I'm having some great conversations (via messenger) with my second cousin once removed (I think that is the relationship) about our upcoming trip and her side of the family. My grandfather is her great-uncle, making them brothers. So I think she is one generation below me. 

I think there might be some black sheep in the family, but strictly on her side!! WAIT -- there might be some on my side, but I don't know! I may have to have a chat with Mom! 

I love how sharing a problem with friends can often lead to a solution. I have one class next Saturday, and then I need to be downtown ASAP. We don't have teleporters yet! But someone suggested I go downtown BEFORE the presentation and do it there, so I'm in the right spot at the right time with zero stress!!! Well, why didn't I think of that? So I can easily make that happen. 

Thanks for the suggestion - you know who you are!

Unfortunately, Miss Murphy cannot come to the quilt retreat. How many times have all the dog owners lamented that fact! But she had a great day yesterday!! Even tried to chase the squirrels out of the backyard. They were NOT pleased with that development! 

The three classes went off beautifully yesterday, and I sent all the follow-up stuff last night. Yeah!!!! I have two presentations this morning; one is finished, and the second is pretty much done as well. Then I decided I have a ton of pictures I took over the summer that I want to sort through, so I've sent them to myself and will hopefully cull a few to add to the presentation. I'm just waiting for them to come through. 

Before I share the homework, I have a couple of other things to share. 

Speaking of class show and tell, we did Dear Jen a while back, and it was a crazy quilt. The instructions were crazy, and many of the blocks were a challenge. I must have missed this photo, but it was from one of the students, and she finished all the blocks, and her quilt top is together!!!!! That is so awesome!! I love the coloring she chose. That is one thing about that quilt; I just couldn't wrap my head around the colors. Why? No idea. 

Karen's Dear Jen quilt top!

I charged my new noise-canceling headphones, and they were super easy to pair, which is great, since I always have to find the instructions. They paired as soon as I turned them on. I LOVE that. But the creepy thing? The name of the headphones came up as Elaine's (model of headphone). Seriously? How did it know they were mine? 

My new noise-canceling headphones

I can hear the audiobook so much better, so that is good, but I have to have them just right, or they poke the ends of my earrings into my head! 

And DH had to order a microwave for his Mom through Canadian Tire. That was about 2 PM. Around 4 PM, when I was sitting in the gazebo, I got a feed on Facebook from Canadian Tire about microwaves. I guess it reads our IP address and sends stuff. But we already bought - I don't need ads! 

I had some car errands to do, and on my way home, I stopped at Fabricland. 

Oh my—this is a fabric you can buy! Doesn't it look like crochet? I see a nice warm woolly jacket made from that! NO - I did not buy any. 


Crochet-like woolly fabric


But I spotted mousepads - only one style. I need a new mousepad. So I bought one of these. 

My new mouse pad


The mouse pad I'm currently using is a hard one that I confiscated from the farm when I was searching through Dad's old crap. It's not very good because the surface is too smooth. I can now retire that one and use the pretty one! 


My current crappy mouse pad

There is an IG account called "art_dailydose," and I LOVE some of the artwork they post. They recently had a post about putting things in order! They had things like flowers, people, and other crazy things, all sorted. What about cars? 

The top is unsorted, and the bottom is sorted! 

Sorting cars?



I wonder where this was taken - certainly not in North America, because have you ever seen a yellow car? I haven't seen one in ages! And I think white would certainly outstrip any other color. I have no idea why people buy a white car. Cooler in summer? They all have windows that bring in the heat. No clue! And you sure can't see them in the wintertime! No white car for this household. 

Oh gosh -- if you search for an answer, there is one. Light reflection (seriously - I can't believe it makes that much of a difference), better resale value because it's neutral and shows up better at night, but not in winter. And easier upkeep for keeping the paint job intact. None of those reasons appeal to me - I want a car that is appealing to me from a color perspective! 


OK—let's look at the show and tell. 

The first quilt we are starting is called Show and Tell by Elizabeth Hartman. Here is a picture of Elizabeth's quilt. 


The original Show and Tell quilt.

I'm changing up the colors, and we started with some of the small quilts. 

Stacked Coin quilt

Mixed Tape quilt

Half Square Triangle quilt



Then it was on to Forty Shades of Grey by Wendy Williams. 

Forty Shades of Grey by Wendy Williams - the original




And here are my blocks for this month. I have chosen a green and purple color palette! This is where I managed to make all those flying geese by using them as enders and leaders! 


Pineapple block



And the final quilt yesterday was My Kinda Town, and this one --- well, I absolutely adore it. I had purchased the pattern years ago, and it just sat there. I'm so glad we are working on this one. 


My Kinda Town by Peggy Larsen for Fibreworks

I mean -- how adorable is that? I've been trying to find a home for those white with multi-colored designs for years. No quilt was suitable, but this one? It's perfect. 


My first block


I'm going to try and use a different sky for each block. There are eight blocks in total. I think I have six fabrics, and I also have a stripe in those colors, but it might be too dense. I'm not sure I'll use it. So now I'm on the hunt for a few more. I love having a specific task to achieve, especially when it comes to buying fabric. 


My sky backgrounds for My Kinda Town



And I need them before the end of the year! So if anyone has seen anything like this, let me know. It is NOT a single-color polka dot, but multi-color polka dots or small designs like the flowers. 

Murphy and I went for a walk in the evening. Hmmm - we need to do that more often. There is a different crowd in the evening! One neighbor and I chatted for quite a while, and Murphy lay down; she was bored. Then she moved along a bit and lay down again. Then she got really impatient and decided it was time to get home! Silly girl!!!


OH MY - I'm running a bit late now because I just downloaded all those pictures and sorted out what I want to present today. It was a very busy summer for machine embroidery for me!

And on that note, it's going to be a wonderful day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So many yellow cars here in the NorthWest USA. When I bought my first brand new car in 1991, I was told white is cheapest because they tend to sit on the lot. Who knows if that is true-I didn't bother to investigate.

    Happy Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tula Pink Fairy Dust whisper white

    ReplyDelete