Monday, May 2, 2011

What a QUILT SHOW!!!!!!!!

Wow - it is hard to believe that all that planning and the show is now over!!!!   What will I worry about - what will I do with all my spare time????  JUST KIDDING!!!!!   Although I did NOT sleep well last night. Too keyed up about the show? Too excited about Monday Motivators? Too deep into the novel I am reading??  I do not know why, but it was a bad night. I decided to get up and read. Here is something to think about if you use an electronic reader. You will be temporarily BLINDED when you turn the darn thing on in the dark!!!!!

Thanks to all the people who stopped by to see the show. If I did not get a chance to chat with you I apologize. It was a busy show right to the end and I tried to at least say hello. It was so nice to see so many people I haven't seen for a while.
Thanks to my guardian angel (Ronda) for bringing a HOT Timmie's tea to me. (The arena was a tad cold) The tea warmed me up.
Thanks to my impostors for bringing a HUGE smile to my face - those two should NEVER be left alone.
Thanks to the guild members for doing some OUTSTANDING work. It was beautiful, varied and MANY MANY surprises.
Thanks to the Team Canada Kendo Club for helping out with the show and to Blanca and her family who helped make that happen.
A SPECIAL THANKS to the committee members. You helped put on a beautiful (almost flawless - there always has to be a glitch or two) show. And more important you made it look so easy as you all took charge of your specific area.. Would NOT have been a successful show without your inputs.


I will have to sort through the HUNDREDS of pictures I took and post a few - sorry - my brain just isn't working this morning.

But in one of my moments of going CLUTTER FREE, I decided to bring home all (well most of them) the bins from the quilt show so they could be sorted. You know how it is - things get left in a box. The helpers don't want to take responsibility of throwing things away so I decided to go through it all.

The one thing I have to say about my car - you can put a LOT in it. As I was loading it - I thought - don't forget I have to put all my quilts in the car as well!!!!!

Back seat

BAck seat

Front seat (yes - there was room for me!)

Trunk



Oh yes - I will miss this car when it's time is up!!!  And I will be hard pressed to find a new one (cubbies in the front area are critical!!!) but I digress.


Anyway - got home unloaded it all and sorted through all the odds and ends!!!   Oh yes - I was on a roll. Now I have the aftermath to deal with - writing up recommendations, suggestions, blah blah blah. And the best news - I WILL NOT be doing the show in two years. Someone has stepped in to replace me - so I can sit back and relax!!!!   This was my third show in a row that I ran!


It is amazing how long it takes to get the show up and looking just right (about 8 hours) - well from the time I arrived. Taking down - well in just under TWO hours, I was leaving the arena.

Quilt show GONE!


In case you can't read that clock in the background -

ADIOS!!!!  (and in record time)
I really really want to thank the Team Canada Kendo Club for ALL THEIR HELP in helping to tear down the show. With those extra sets of hands that show was down in RECORD time. Can they come back in two years??????


Do you remember a couple of weeks ago - I talked about Lisa and her beautiful basket of fabric beads. And what was she going to do with them????   She made these gorgeous bracelets!!!!!   They are awesome Lisa.


Lisa's bracelets

Lisa's bracelets
 Oh yes - the arena was coolish!!   OK - it was cold. We hold our quilt show in an arena - it is a very inexpensive way to get a lot of space. The only problem is that the ice has barely been out of the arena and that means the "cold" is still in the building. There is NO HEAT in this part of the arena. I wore wool socks both days with running shoes and my feet were nice and toasty. However look at this cooler that had ice. This was the last day of the show and the ice in the cooler still had NOT melted!!!!!   Pretty cool - literally!!!

Ice bucket - DID NOT MELT


Look at Little Sammy - peering through the stairs.
Am I going to get a treat?????


That is it for me for today. Oh yes - I have a note to those impostors and this was brought to my attention by Judy (a TRUE friend). the orange scarf is MY TRADEMARK and those impostors - well there is some copyright infringement going on!!!!   Should I sue????    I'll contemplate that!


On that note - I'm out of here. See if I can survive the day without a nap.


Have a great day!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment