Friday, December 18, 2015

Tonga Rhapsody


It's going to be a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!    I've already been up for hours - got a massive quilt loaded on the long arm, been to the gym and those endorphins are exploding throughout my body.   It's Friday and well - it just doesn't get better than that!!!!!
I need to go to the gym - gosh - there has been so much chocolate and cake around the office and lunch today - well, I'll be rolling around if I don't watch. 

I did get loads done yesterday and I'll share that with you at some point - there just isn't time to get all those photos edited. I hope this weekend. 

So I'll go back to some show n tell from last weekend or perhaps that was the weekend before that!!!!

This is the show n tell from another one of the on-going quilts at The Hobby Horse. This one is called Tonga Rhapsody.  I was doing so well at keeping up and then POOF - something happened and well - it just didn't get finished - almost, but not quite. 

Tonga Rhapsody from Wing and a Prayer
Not everyone finished their quilt and again - this was a small class.   OH shoot - I'm starting off well - I can't remember whose quilt this was. I'm going to say Lynn. 

Lynn's version
Yes - it's a huge quilt and we had to lay them on the floor to see them.  But they are GORGEOUS!!!!

And I absolutely love the setting on this quilt.   It is unique which is what attracted me to the pattern in the first place.


Brain freeze - no name is even coming to mind!!!
The next one is Susan's.  I want you to look closely at Susan's and then look at the others.  Do you see how the choice of fabrics and values of fabric make something completely different stand out in each of the quilts.


Susan
Anne didn't get her Tonga Rhapsody done, but she brought something else instead.  Yes - this is her Vintage Moments and it's quilted and bound! The way I like them.


Vintage Moments  by Marsha McCloskey

Here is the pattern


The pattern
Quilting on Ann's quilt


If you are interested in making Vintage Moments, I'll be teaching it again at Sew Sisters starting in January.  There may be a spot of two still available.  Check it out.


On that note - it's likely going to be a short work day and I'm up to my eyeballs in prepping quilt kits for Quilt Con.  Well they aren't exactly kits since each one is unique to the designer.  But oh my - there are some gorgeous and very unique designs.  I can't wait to see them in person.  Going to be a fabulous show!!!!!!

Have a great super awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment