Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Exciting links

I went to edit pictures this morning and my computer didn't like me. So you're going to get some eye candy from another source.

Check out the winning quilts from Daytona Beach. This show was last week and is part of the AQS series of shows.  Wow - there are some stunning quilts here. Did you know that each show is treated separately as far as entering a quilt? That's why there are quilts here that we saw last year in Paducah. Some were also at Houston. What's really interesting is the quilt that won Best of Show at Houston won third place in its category at Daytona.

Most of them are out of my league. Not because I can't make them, because I'm pretty sure that I could technically. But the amount of time required to make them would be totally impossible for me. I did save a few for inspiration although I don't know why I bother since I already have quilts coming out of my head like steam from a whistling kettle.

Doesn't matter - I love to go back to my folders and look at what excites me. OK - most things excite me!

But I have a few priority items on my list - not for work, not for a magazine, but for me!  Now to wait for the fabric to come in so I can make them!



When I first became a quilter, I was starving for information. Things like Pinterest and Instagram didn't exist and we resorted to a few chat groups and e-mail. There was some free stuff on the internet and I seemed to be printing stuff out all the time.  Most of which I've decided over the years that I no longer needed and so I've tossed the paper.

I'm trying to go paperless,  I have NOT gone paperless on my magazines, although I hardly buy any anymore.  I see a lot of them at work so I buy the occasional one not on our subscription list. I would like to move to electronic versions of magazines, but I'm not sure I'm there yet. However when that is the ONLY way to get the magazines, well, you have no choice.

The latest issue of QUILTsocial Magazine Number 8 is now available for download. It's got loads of great information and tutorials in there. Check it out and while there is information from three different sewing machine brands, the techniques discussed can be easily translated to all machines.

And on that note, I'm out of here.

Loads of stuff to get done.

Have a great day!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment